Xbox 720 will basically be a cable TV box.

Started by Darren Dirt, July 08, 2012, 08:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

or so says leaked document. Which has since been removed by M$ -- which is pretty much an admission that it was full of true facts of what's to come...

http://www.gamenguide.com/articles/2193/20120618/microsoft-announcement-xbox-720-fortaleza.htm

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Err...  "cable TV box"?  How do you get that from the linked doc?  I could understand "advanced multimedia all-in-one device", given that it plays games, streams audio/video, records TV signal, plays movies, and needs to out-do XBOX 360 + Kinect.

However, this is the stupidest sentence in that doc: "Never need to upgrade hardware again".  Yeah, right.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

"Always connected" I guess, but since nothing actually exists yet I don't care.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on July 08, 2012, 09:54:19 PM
Err...  "cable TV box"?  How do you get that from the linked doc?  I could understand "advanced multimedia all-in-one device", given that it plays games, streams audio/video, records TV signal, plays movies, and needs to out-do XBOX 360 + Kinect.

I was out in the sun a LOT on the weekend -- blame sunstroke for my poor reading comprehension skillz ... it's obviously a lot more than JUST a cable TV box.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.