Recent posts

Lobby / Re: Holiday season 2023
Last post by Lazybones - December 20, 2023, 12:17:50 PM
Need to convert some things to smaller devices or rack mount devices but getting there in my clean up.

The current "FIREWALL" and UPS are sitting on top for now.. Everything else is is in the wall cabinet or the server cabinet now.

All of this stuff has been just sitting on the plastic shelves open below since I moved in.. Nice to have it mostly organized now..

This is all in my garage.

You cannot view this attachment.
Last post by Melbosa - December 20, 2023, 08:58:35 AM
I got two new servers last week, so I'll be trying to bring those up. Some 2x 730xds with 256GB of Ram, and 12TB of 10K SAS drives. I'm thinking of getting some Dell SATA chasis and putting in some SATA SSDs when they go on sale next. Have that in my current server which, once I get these new servers up will finally have that one ready for sale, and haven't had one fail yet.
Last post by Mr. Analog - December 19, 2023, 02:13:32 PM
Haha fair!
Last post by Lazybones - December 19, 2023, 02:00:55 PM
I have the 23 to 7th off this year.. looking forward to relaxing.

Also going to apologize in advance if my servers go offline a bunch while I re-wire / re-arrange my network gear lol.
Last post by Melbosa - December 19, 2023, 01:42:52 PM
NAIT official shutdown is December 23-Jan 2, but I'm sure we'll be let go Dec 22 early. I'm not doing any extra holidays this year.
Last post by Mr. Analog - December 19, 2023, 11:03:47 AM
That's awesome!  I'm working up until noon Friday but beyond developing and running some db scripts on prod I don't have much going on. I'm not sure what I should do the rest of the week lol
Last post by Thorin - December 19, 2023, 10:45:27 AM
Happy Holidays to you, too!

Today is my last day of work, then I'm off until the 2nd. I told my team at standup this morning that I'm not starting anything new, just wrapping up whatever work's on my plate right now (which is mostly code reviews).
Lobby / Holiday season 2023
Last post by Mr. Analog - December 18, 2023, 03:09:12 PM
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, everywhere I go...

I'm really looking forward to the holidays, it's starting to get difficult to concentrate on work already haha

I'm sure we'll talk before the festivities are over but just in case HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

I wish everyone the very best
Lobby / Re: Oilers 2023-24
Last post by Thorin - December 15, 2023, 08:49:58 PM
If you were to watch that game and pay no attention to the scoreboard, you would see the Oilers playing high-energy hockey until the last 6.7 seconds. They didn't quit on that game at all, and they dominated large, large stretches of it. 80+ shot attempts (57 of them on net), long shifts entirely in the opposition end all throughout the game, absolutely stoned by a goalie who happened to put in a lights-out performance.

The Oilers have in the past been on the opposite side, where they played poorly and got dominated and eked out a win due to their goalie (I think it was Scrivens with a 59-save shutout against the Sharks?).

If they keep playing like this, they're going to win a lot more than they lose. Too bad people get hung up on the score of a single game, rather than the actual effort and tenacity they showed.

I'd rather see them lose like this than how they were losing in the first 18 games, where they had no fire and the opposing teams constantly controlled the pace of the game.
Lobby / Re: Oilers 2023-24
Last post by Mr. Analog - December 15, 2023, 06:13:06 AM
Oof, that third period last night