Main Menu

Mp3's

Started by Mags, May 05, 2008, 04:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on May 08, 2008, 10:38:50 AM
While I agree that Magnatune should be applauded for "not being evil", one of the problems with it is that none of the mainstream music that gets played in my house is on there.  No Carrie Underwood, no Green Day, no Raffi, no Offspring, no U2, no Weird Al, etc.
Thats probably because it isn't Mainstream music thats sold there?
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on May 08, 2008, 01:14:18 PM
Quote from: Thorin on May 08, 2008, 10:38:50 AM
While I agree that Magnatune should be applauded for "not being evil", one of the problems with it is that none of the mainstream music that gets played in my house is on there.  No Carrie Underwood, no Green Day, no Raffi, no Offspring, no U2, no Weird Al, etc.
Thats probably because it isn't Mainstream music thats sold there?

That's what Thorin is saying, they aren't mainstream. They seem more like a distributor for indie bands, which is great if that's what you like but sucks for everything else.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

See, if they could convince mainstream musicians to sell their music through that site then the mainstream musicians would be rich and young kids could afford more music...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 08, 2008, 01:43:39 PM
See, if they could convince mainstream musicians to sell their music through that site then the mainstream musicians would be rich and young kids could afford more music...

It's perfectly legal to record music off the radio for private use ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer