Cheap Used Car - Needs New Rear Shocks

Started by Thorin, October 03, 2012, 02:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

So this lady buys this Subaru Impreza 1.8 liter automatic for six hundred bucks.  Not a bad deal, cars that cheap will always have something that needs fixing.  This one?  Needs new rear shocks, they're pretty far gone.  Have a look what she can make it do:

http://youtu.be/j-i2_g33wXQ
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

I've done that with a Toyota Camry, but the fronts were gone.  Bounces the front end pretty good especially with the weight of the motor!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Make sure you call shot gun, because your head will hurt sitting in the back.

Thorin

I kinda wanna go try it.

Also, once those shocks are replaced for about $500, she's got what looks to be a decent Impreza for $1,100.  Not a bad buy in the end.

Whenever you buy a cheap used car, always expect $1,000 to $2,000 in repairs to be required within a few months of the purchase.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on October 03, 2012, 03:23:57 PM
I kinda wanna go try it.

Also, once those shocks are replaced for about $500, she's got what looks to be a decent Impreza for $1,100.  Not a bad buy in the end.

Whenever you buy a cheap used car, always expect $1,000 to $2,000 in repairs to be required within a few months of the purchase.

Well and she might need to get the alignment fixed as well from all that bouncing...