Celestial Battles: Jedi The Last

Started by Darren Dirt, December 14, 2017, 12:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCW-iaOZ_M

RLM "Nerd Crew" sharing their early review of Star Wars!

Because they are shallow, talentless, brainwashed sycophant. ...but they still make me laugh! Even if they have sold out!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Darren Dirt

[thumbsup] 18k
[thumbsdown] 7k

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE ON THE INTERNETZ???!!!?!!11

...or did they *actually* expect a spoilerific review 4 days before its release?  ::)

Mr. Analog

Some people don't like seeing themselves in the mirror. Plenty of folks eat up these "podcast" type YouTubers the fact that this crosses the Almighty Star War with that generates a lot of negative buzz.

Also some people legitimately don't "get it"

Also some people on YouTube are robots

Either way the new movie sounds good, I look forward to the 8 billion VLOGs that are going to tell me in the vaguest terms possible just how good it is...  :barf:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

One of the presumably-truthful comments for the Nerd Crew video said 2 things:

-he found the RLM guys still hilarious in this ep (and what they are so obviously mocking)

-he was watching this RLM video AFTER seeing a special showing (earlier today I guess?) and was happy to report that NONE of their "spoilers"[/predictions] were correct.

:whew:

Darren Dirt

Nerd Crew episode released.

Wait a few days, and yup, the "Film Gob" editing masters put out their compilation video. It's frightening how "accidentally similar" most of the fanboyz/fangirls wording was after they experienced their sneak peaks at the new movie. And how Nerd Crew feels less and less like satire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P5-KtF4Sa8

I laughed out loud a lot, because it was so ridiculous. Then at the end I just felt kinda sad. So wish we had more brutal honesty in the "popular" culture esp. film review, strange that I almost wish for something like the extreme of Jay-And-Silent-Bob "Movie Poop Shoot" scene :-\

Mr. Analog

Everything is ripe for parody and I'm not sure which is more savage; the geeks who accept bribes without thinking or the companies that prey on them.

THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY GLUEBOX, GLUEBOX EVERY MONTH A BOX OF GLUE - JUST FOR YOU

this month's gluebox is a box of Force Glue? Light AND Force Glue? Dark, binding the universe together.

Force Glue? from Gluebox

GLUEBOX the Glue People?
*Gluebox is a subsidiary of Hooftronix Technology LTD

DISCLAIMER if you encounter shortness of breath, palpitations, dizziness, racing pulse, lethargy, exploding heart syndrome, crystalline stool, impaired motor function, enhanced ESP, duck-like urges, severe ankle pain, blood from fingernails, loose skin, erectile function or menstrual cramps Force Glue? may not be for you. Consult a mortician
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

3 weeks later and nobody linked to the over-the-top latest Nerd Crew?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeK889V5M88

It's been Solo ng since the previous episode. This broke new ground**. It wasn't very cool though.

PS: apparently the boys now go to the same tailor as Don Cherry. They can afford it now, because SPONSORS. :)

#clap

** although Mike, for a moment, had an attack of conscience. But then He Got Better.

Mr. Analog

Many a chuck was yuckled. I was actually pretty surprised by the Half in the Bag review, it made Solo sound ... watchable (at least 2/3s of it anyway)

TBH I think after a lifelong obsession I am done with Star Wars, we had three or four good movies out of what 9? 10?? Maybe I'm good with the original trilogy and some of the tv stuff - kinda like Star Trek now

A New Hope1
Empire Strikes back1
Return of the Jedi
Phantom Menace
Send in the Clones
Revenge of the Sith
The Clone Wars
The Force Awakens1
Rogue One
The Last Jedi
Solo2
1the good according to me
2haven't seen

I read yesterday that the actress who played Rose in TLJ pulled the plug on her social media because fans were driving her nuts, it's not her fault she was cast in a very nonsensical movie but the hordes don't get that and lash out like children. Gettin' kinda tired of this mob mentality...

In the 90s I was SO EXCITED at the idea of Star Wars going forward into possibly 6+ movies but not like this not like this and to make things worse all the bad ones seem to have left a wake of broken, talented people.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You didn't think Return Of The Jedi was good?

Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels (both tv series) were good, I thought.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on June 06, 2018, 03:05:10 PM
You didn't think Return Of The Jedi was good?

Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels (both tv series) were good, I thought.

RotJ is good but not great, even as a kid it was my least favorite I think.

And yes Clone Wars and Rebels were absolutely fantastic, though I thought the Clone Wars movie had some serious pacing issues so I didn't give it a pass. (I actually bought the BluRays of the tv series around Christmas... SCORE!)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

"... tv ... Christmas ..."
MUST
RESIST
URGE
TO
MENTION
(although the RLM guys had a hoot "reviewing" it)

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on June 07, 2018, 04:11:28 PM
"... tv ... Christmas ..."
MUST
RESIST
URGE
TO
MENTION
(although the RLM guys had a hoot "reviewing" it)

The special that shall not be named was prescient. An echo of Star Wars future perhaps?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

[replies affirmatively in lang="Wookiee"]

Nerd Correction...
Spoiler

[replies affirmatively in lang="Shyriiwook"]
[close]

Darren Dirt

Anyone else generally like "Movies with Mikey"? https://www.youtube.com/user/chainsawsuitoriginal/search?query=%22Movies+with+Mikey%22

Okay well, then, this video, watching it might be a challenge. Minds ... be opened, prepare to maybe even be blown. Begin...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVlicj-JwnI
"In Defense of The Last Jedi - Movies with Mikey"

PS: he suggests it takes a THIRD complete watching to finally grok it, to have your mind meld moment. And yes, he intended the Star Trek lingo (expectations thwarted!)

Melbosa

Yeah I tried DD, I really tried, but I don't really like this Movies with Mikey guy... His theories didn't really blow my mind as for me they were evident to me for the most part, nor did his attempt at qwerky delivery (I'm not sure if this is his "thing" as I didn't get an urge to watch any more of his videos after this one).

As for the Start Wars Movie, I liked Last Jedi as much as I liked Force Awakens.  But I really liked Rogue One way above them both though lol...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!