Yogcast guys try out "2D Minecraft Mod"

Started by Darren Dirt, June 08, 2012, 05:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

and it's one of their funniest adventures (but short) -- because it's almost like a new experience for them (the "world" is only 2 blocks deep, it's like a side-scroller!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKJMljrIGuc
(as many of the YT comments pointed out, WOW those guys SUCK at house building -- I could see a mile away the result of their Architecture Fail as the sun went down... but it still was hilarious)

mod link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1119751-2d-craft-mod-minecraft-125-offical/

if I were to dive in (wanting it to remain a quick "pick up game") I could see this mod being the thing that hooks me -- because reducing the dimensions = reducing complexity ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

I think you'd probably end up spending more time than originally allotted, just like the rest of us.  But think about what other activities you might be replacing with it - I used to watch a lot of TV late at night because I wasn't ready for bed; now I build things!

Anyway, I'm not saying you have to play or even suggesting you try.  What you do with your time is up to you and you shouldn't feel pushed into it.  But I will say that even when I come across a frustrating bug, I still come back to the game at the next opportunity because I like the completely open sandbox concept.

As for the two-block-deep world, that would drive me nuts.  I like building in 3D, and I really like playing it with friends (cave crawls and co-builds!)
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

OMG I loved that video, I could immediately see the pros/cons and of course the usual Minecraftian hijinks

IF you are interested let me know, I raised some money earlier this year with cheap commissions for a friend who ended up not needing it so, I still have a lot of it in PayPal still.

I could gift you a subscription if you like.
By Grabthar's Hammer