How to clear a lot of trees Fast

Started by Mr. Analog, June 11, 2012, 03:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So to start my project I needed to clear a bunch of trees and the like, one of the problems I faced early on was what to do with all the wood (used as fuel etc) but there got to be a point where I had all the charcoal I needed and more planks than are humanly necessarily so I started a few fires with the flint and tinder, and man, you can take out quite a few trees in one fell swoop.

obviously you may want to cut a firebreak to contain it and make sure not to do it around wood structures :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

They've nerfed fire as well these days. They used to get out of control very fast.

Mr. Analog

Thankfully hah, if the Yogscast is any indication lol

I think if you look at the map you'll still see the odd hovering stump
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yeah, that's one way to do it :)

I set up my base in an area bordered by plains and extreme hills - I cherish every tree I can find.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

True, but you don't have mobs hiding in trees everywhere either :D
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Well no, instead they see me and make a beeline for me and I have nowhere to run.  I have finally succumbed and made tunnels to connect my various spots.  At some point I'm going to travel to the Nether and set up perfect-matched portals to make travel even easier.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

LennyLen

QuoteWell no, instead they see me and make a beeline for me and I have nowhere to run.

Well, you do have a lot of arrows at your disposal now. Kill, kill, kill.

Thorin

lol

Working on my third double chest, plus I've got 30+ magic bows now.  I don't have a problem anymore since I just went underground for everything.

I hate creepers, they destroy our beautiful builds!  I don't mind the rest, not even the poisonous cave spiders.  But ah well, that's Survival for ya.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Time to start making dispensers if you have lots of bows :D

If you load them with fire charges they emit fireballs

But likely with your surplus of arrows you could automate some defenses (a few pressure plates and arrow loaded dispensers...)

By Grabthar's Hammer