Minecraft Enchantment Guide

Started by Lazybones, May 28, 2012, 12:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/

FYI if anyone already has Silk Touch I would love to get something with that, or even just borrow it to move a grass block or for that matter if someone has it, I would like a grass block...

LennyLen

I've enchanted a few items lately, but haven't had that enchantment yet.  I can leave an item with it in the community storage area if I get one though (as well as let you know here).

Lazybones

Quote from: LennyLen on May 28, 2012, 12:41:59 PM
I've enchanted a few items lately, but haven't had that enchantment yet.  I can leave an item with it in the community storage area if I get one though (as well as let you know here).

Thanks... The guide I linked to has some tips on how to get that particular enchantment.

LennyLen

Yeah I had a look through it.  In theory if I enchant 8 tools at level 50, it should appear.

Thorin

Doesn't that guide show, in the table in step 3, that you only have a 1 in (10 + 1 + 5 + 2 = ) 18 chance of hitting Silk Touch?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 28, 2012, 02:31:20 PM
Doesn't that guide show, in the table in step 3, that you only have a 1 in (10 + 1 + 5 + 2 = ) 18 chance of hitting Silk Touch?
http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/tables/Silk_1.html

There are two basic sets of tables, ones geared to lowest XP cost and ones geared to the fewest Items.

If your enchantment table is set to 50 and you have the XP to burn (XP farm needed I am guessing) then within 7 attempts / times you should get Silk touch if you are using wood, gold or iron items.

LennyLen

I was mostly joking with that last comment.  Going by that chart, doing level 20 enchantments will take slightly more items, but will require far less XP, so I'll go that route.

LennyLen

There's a Iron Pick Axe with Silk Touch I now in the community storage area.  I actually managed to get it on my first attempt at enchanting an item.

Thorin

I was there and witnessed - the lucky bugger, it really was on his first try.  And then I got an iron pick with Efficiency II with only 13 levels!  So all the luck's probably gone for the day...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Hmm going to have to try and hop on tonight and transfer some turf around.

LennyLen

Keep that pick-axe.  I just enchanted another one and got both Silk Touch and Efficiency III on it.

Lazybones

Nice, I managed to move some grass blocks to a new location so I am happy.