Main Menu

Baked Potatoes

Started by Thorin, December 02, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I've been using bread exclusively because of how easy it is to grow - whack some grass, get some seeds, plant them, and harvest the wheat the next Minecraft day; then just craft three into one bread.  Yeah, we all know that recipe.  Bread gives 5 hunger (2.5 shanks) and 6 saturation level (the "hidden" hunger variable).

Potatoes are new in 1.4.x.  You get them from rare drops from zombies, and then plant them and harvest them a Minecraft day later.  If you cook a potato, you get a baked potato.  Baked potato gives 6 hunger (3 shanks) and 7.2 saturation level.  These are better numbers (hey, cooked porkchops and steak are way better), but also this is very easy to accomplish (whereas ranching pigs or cows is quite a bit of work).  Start a tree farm to make charcoal, start a potato farm to make potatoes, bingo bango better food than bread.

I think the only hard part is getting that first potato.  I think I might take a couple of the stacks I already have and go plant them at random locations around our map...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Whoa! Potatoes way better

Guess I'll replant my farm in downtown East City
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Potatoes and carrots are kinda hard to find (rare drops from zombies), so feel free to take a bunch from the Taj Moo Hal and spread them around.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer