Star Trek: Picard

Started by Lazybones, January 24, 2020, 09:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

First episode seems to be off to a good start.

That is all.

Melbosa

I think it has very good potential!  Need next episode... Make it so!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Please tell me it was thought provoking and less about roundhouse kicks

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2020, 09:13:50 AMPlease tell me it was thought provoking and less about roundhouse kicks

Picard is presented with some confusing info and has to figure things out. However the plot is not resolved. It looks like it will be a serial story, not episodic.

So far the updated look and feel seems to be a respectful blending of old and new, no jarring redesigns in the first episode.

However things are not the same.

There is a lot more action than a typical TNG episode would have but I didn't mind.

Mr. Analog

Interesting. I'll have to give this one a look

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on January 24, 2020, 09:20:29 AMThere is a lot more action than a typical TNG episode would have but I didn't mind.
I would also say more strife that a TNG episode as well.  Feels more like the TNG movies than the TV Series IMO, but by no means bad in anyway.  I quite enjoyed the updated version of Picard as a TV Show, and also that it follows the Prime timeline after the destruction of Romulas (this is not a spoiler, it was in multiple trailers/articles/press releases prior to release).

Mr. Analog

I actually haven't followed the hype so it's news to me

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 24, 2020, 10:34:27 AMI actually haven't followed the hype so it's news to me

Well it won't wreck your experience knowing that ahead of time IMO.  For me it actually helped keep some questions out of my way to enjoy the episode as it was presented.  For my wife, not knowing that part, had her confused for the first bit.

Thorin

Thanks for reminding me that this is out now, I'd forgotten about it.  It's on the watch list now.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

After watching Picard Episode one I suggest re-watching the following two TNG episodes in the spoiler tag..

Some important history for characters mentioned and included in the first episode.

Spoiler
The Measure of a Man
Data's Day
[close]

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on January 24, 2020, 08:37:37 PMAfter watching Picard Episode one I suggest re-watching the following two TNG episodes in the spoiler tag..

Some important history for characters mentioned and included in the first episode.

Spoiler
The Measure of a Man
Data's Day
[close]
Don't forget the ...
Spoiler
last TNG movie as well if you never saw it or completely forgot it lol... major references to it as well.
[close]

Lazybones

Ya good catch, at the very least with minor changes they are following the prime timeline which does include the movies.

Mr. Analog

I completely forgot about it TBH

Spoiler
That movie was baaaaaaaad
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

So I finished Season 2. While not as good as Season 1, I still enjoyed it. I also liked the backstory filler for Picard and the capping of Q's story.

Lazybones

Funny I liked season two better than season one....

Overly dark still but I enjoy the continued story of the character.