Main Menu

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Started by Mr. Analog, May 28, 2022, 02:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So m'yeah just got done watching the first episode and ... hmm, not sure what to make of this just yet. It's a very slow start IMO.

Spoiler
The baddies are kinda bland - they gots no personality - which is going to be a problem if they have a lot of screen time (which at this point I feel like they will)

I'll give it three episodes before writing it off though. I gave Boba Fett a chance and that was meh in the end
[close]
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I have heard better things about it from young people I work with who really like Star Wars.

I watched Boba Fett all the way through, hopefully you did too, as The Mandalorian returned in the later episodes (and this made the show better).
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 28, 2022, 03:29:54 PMI have heard better things about it from young people I work with who really like Star Wars.

I watched Boba Fett all the way through, hopefully you did too, as The Mandalorian returned in the later episodes (and this made the show better).

That's the trouble though, when Mando came in it was like... a better show LOL

Just finished episode 2, it was better... I'll wait for more
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Its supposed to be more like Joker/Logan than any of the other series.  So more character driven than action or mystery.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on May 29, 2022, 05:20:05 PMIts supposed to be more like Joker/Logan than any of the other series.  So more character driven than action or mystery.
Second episode was nearly all action so I don't buy that.

Like I said I'll wait for more but for something I was genuinely interested in that debuted on my birthday I am disappoint

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Are you talking about the Inquisitors as the baddies that seem to have no depth?  From what I remember, this is exactly what they were like in Star Wars Rebels...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on May 29, 2022, 09:16:57 PMAre you talking about the Inquisitors as the baddies that seem to have no depth?  From what I remember, this is exactly what they were like in Star Wars Rebels...
Yup! I knew they were going to be a big part of the new series and I had hoped they'd get more personality right out the gate. So far we haven't seen anything new outside of

Spoiler
Princess Leia who is amazing
[close]

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

By Grabthar's Hammer