Car stereos in old Celicas

Started by Thorin, April 20, 2007, 12:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Simple, Women consume both time and money.. That is what they run on. The byproduct is emotions.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Lazybones on May 31, 2007, 12:22:18 PM
Simple, Women consume both time and money.. That is what they run on. The byproduct is emotions.

ROFLMAO! Should get that on a bumper sticker haha!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

ROFL
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

LOL :)  To be specific, I spent a great deal of time with my girlfriend in the past few weeks spending money on making my condo a proper home.  The shopping part is pretty much done, the furniture will be in place shortly, and the remainder of my girlfriends stuff should be moved within the next two weeks or so, so I should get some time back.   But with property tax coming due I'll have to put off purchasing a  car stereo  until I can save the money for it.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Ustauk on May 31, 2007, 12:44:40 PM
LOL :)  To be specific, I spent a great deal of time with my girlfriend in the past few weeks spending money on making my condo a proper home.  The shopping part is pretty much done, the furniture will be in place shortly, and the remainder of my girlfriends stuff should be moved within the next two weeks or so, so I should get some time back.   But with property tax coming due I'll have to put off purchasing a  car stereo  until I can save the money for it.

so... it's money then :lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

I ended up getting this deck at Bestbuy last Saturday.  We were taking a road trip this past week to Saskatchewan to see relatives, since my brother was out last week visiting from Ottawa, so that was the big push.  It worked very well on the trip, and I'm happy with it overall.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I'm impressed, Ustauk:

# of pre-out pairs: 3 (that'll be one set for the front speakers, one set for the rear speakers, and one set for the subwoofers)
Crossover: HPF/LPF
Pre-out voltage: 2 volts (middle of the barrel, but a surprisingly large number of decks still have lower voltages coming out)
Sub volume control

Those four items make it a good starter if you choose to expand your car audio.  And if not, well, the price is pretty good at about $200.  Did you have to pay anything for installation?

It took me a bit of reading to find it, but I see it even has the front aux input you were looking for...  Congrats, and I'm glad you enjoyed it while on a roadtrip :)

Now to convince you to throw in an alarm, high-quality front speakers powered by an amp, and a 10" sub in a bandpass box...  >:D
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Ustauk

I think I got the deck for $145 or $155 on sale.  I didn't research it; I just asked the sales guy which of the several decks within my price range were decent, and picked that one.  Base installation was include, since it was over $139.99.  I had to pay for the dash kit and wiring harness on top of that, but that was expected.  I normally don't get extended warranties, but I splurged a little and got a two year one for another $25,  since it included installation on a replacment unit, not just a new unit itself.

I don't plan any further upgrades at this time.  I got my radio back, and the ability to take input from MP3 players, so I'm happy for now.