Netflix Canada is only $7.99 / MO !!!!

Started by Lazybones, September 22, 2010, 11:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Looks like it WILL be available on xbox 360 soon ish... but is already available on PS3, Wii, iPhone, iPad, PC and MAC

Mr. Analog

If they have every episode of MST3K my bank account is screwed
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Ok, so they DO have MST3K in abundant digital supply! (Wuh-oh!)

Also, I'm sure it's not news to many of you but Blockbuster declared bankruptcy.

The end of an era gentlemen!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Not sure I feel much sympathy for Blockbuster. They gouged the crap out of us for decades, and then seem surprised when people bailed as soon as other choices came along.

<Rant>
Netflix scares me a little bit. Goes to my outstanding rant about the lack of quality broadband in rural areas. Just another reason (albeit not a huge one sure) for people to hate the country and want to move to urban areas. With the average age of farmers in the 60's (at least according to reports I've seen), I hope science figures out a way that we can live without food. Seriously, this is going to be an issue within our lifetimes. </rant>  ><

"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Mr. Analog

Oh yeah, no tears for Blockbuster, that's for sure. I remember so many little video store closures shortly after they moved into town and then when they finally had dominance they pared down their selection.

"Oh you want to see some crazy throwaway kung fu movie? Oh you'll have to go to Edmonton and find a video store that still has anything other than a first-run movie..."

Honestly though, times have changed, I can't even remember the last time I rented a movie (early 2000s for sure).

As for the future of rural development I can see large farming corporations taking over land for cheap as older farmers/ranchers pass on and then them just hiring people or shipping resources in to work on them (sort of like the mining industry).

I think the day of the farmer owner/entrepreneur is waning and will become a much more industrialized venture (especially if biofuel becomes profitable).
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mags

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 23, 2010, 01:59:39 PM
Oh yeah, no tears for Blockbuster, that's for sure. I remember so many little video store closures shortly after they moved into town and then when they finally had dominance they pared down their selection.

"Oh you want to see some crazy throwaway kung fu movie? Oh you'll have to go to Edmonton and find a video store that still has anything other than a first-run movie..."

Honestly though, times have changed, I can't even remember the last time I rented a movie (early 2000s for sure).

As for the future of rural development I can see large farming corporations taking over land for cheap as older farmers/ranchers pass on and then them just hiring people or shipping resources in to work on them (sort of like the mining industry).

I think the day of the farmer owner/entrepreneur is waning and will become a much more industrialized venture (especially if biofuel becomes profitable).

Indeed, that is the common consensus of the way farming will go. And even if they find the workers (Don't mistake modern farming as simple labour, it is the most complicated job I have ever had.), I am horrified by the thought of corporations having total control of our food supply.

P.S. I really am not trying to hijack this thread, just get's me going, sorry.

Melbosa

Can start a whole new thread if you'd like
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

rare finds can be found right nearby my place:
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=edmonton+%22sneak+preview+video%22

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Darren Dirt on September 23, 2010, 05:44:03 PM

rare finds can be found right nearby my place:
http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=edmonton+%22sneak+preview+video%22

I was talkin' Sherwood Park. There's lots of great places in Edmonton.

Quote from: Mags on September 23, 2010, 02:22:11 PM
Indeed, that is the common consensus of the way farming will go. And even if they find the workers (Don't mistake modern farming as simple labour, it is the most complicated job I have ever had.), I am horrified by the thought of corporations having total control of our food supply.

P.S. I really am not trying to hijack this thread, just get's me going, sorry.

Here's something that'll give you nightmares; imagine guys like Asshat running some startup farming gig.

I'm sure he'd find the finest Chinese ex-pats to run it hahaha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Wouldn't it be great if a decent business model met smart marketing?

http://www.uproxx.com/news/2010/09/blockbusters-bankrupt-will-netflix-drop-the-ball/

Oh well...

Quote...the media footage in Toronto featured paid actors pretending to be happy customers in man on the street interviews?  And the Netflix CEO also joked in an interview that Americans are ?somewhat self-absorbed? and won?t notice Canada has a streaming-only plan for $7.99 while the cheapest plan in the U.S. with unlimited online viewing is the $8.99 one-DVD-at-a-time plan?

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mags

He probably would have been right, if he hadn't actually said it.

Lazybones

FYI the fall xbox dashboard update contains Netflix Canada support, it is already in the early preview/beta.

Mr. Analog

Bwah bwuh...

Anyone tried the Wii version?
By Grabthar's Hammer