Developers! Developers! Developers!

Started by Tom, August 23, 2013, 08:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Damit you just beat me to posting this.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/microsoft-ceo-ballmer-retire-within-131209911.html

True change to come to Microsoft or more stagnation and decline?

Mr. Analog

Apparently Microsoft stock is already up 8%

So what does that say haha
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

It says that people like to follow activist investors. One is trying to get onto the ms board now. Possibly fiddling with or getting rid of the "xbox" division because according to him, it still doesn't make them money (I thought it did now...).

Darren Dirt

Over the weekend on Netflix I watched "iSteve", and really enjoyed how it never took itself seriously and yet kinda followed the true timeline of true events (but completely warped every single one of them).

With the exciting news of this OP, I hope that FoD ends up doing a similar short bio-mockumentary and manage to get the same actor* who played Ballmer in tPoSV ( *HIM, BENDER!)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Hah! I only recently saw iSteve, which was a riot, I'd love to see old Chair Chucker get the same treatment

I was also reading yesterday that the PS4 stole the show at gamescom leaving the Bone to the dogs (apparently the Bone launch title is ... FIFA [lol])
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

This is probably relevant: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/by-the-numbers-next-generation-console-software-showdown/

PS4 has twice the number of games, and many more "original IP" and "indie" games than the xbone.

They totally screwed the pooch on the reveal. People are clearly avoiding the xbone.

Mr. Analog

The only thing that would have saved their butts after the E3 disaster was a bunch of gotta-have-it games, which they lack.

It will be like the Wii-U launch ... only worse
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The E3 disaster pretty much made sure they wouldn't have any gotta-have-it games.

Mr. Analog

Mmmm I'm pretty sure to make the launch date of late 2013 / early 2014 they would have had the game lineup figured out long before the incredible series of marketing SNAFUs (though that certainly doesn't help things when publishers consider what systems they want to bend over for)

Like I say, they have no "gotta have it" games. Which isn't bad I guess as long as they aren't too far behind with the next version of Halo or whatever but clearly Sony has won 2013

Hopefully we see the playing field get more competitive in 2014 when Nintendo finally releases its games and Microsoft sorts itself out.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Maybe 12 months to retire is actually too long:

QuoteThere is never a perfect time for this type of transition, but now is the right time.

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Mr. Analog

Perfect timing and right timing impart the same meaning so...

Mr. Spock raises his eyebrow slightly further
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I dunno. I'd say you could have the right timing, but not actually have perfect timing. varying degrees imo.

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.