Fixing Connected Textures in Sphax PureBDCraft

Started by Thorin, September 16, 2012, 10:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I downloaded the latest Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack so that I'd be able to see emeralds, but for some reason the connected textures mod wouldn't do its job with glass anymore.  After a bunch of farting around, I finally came across the solution here: http://bdcraft.net/forum/connected-textures-bug

Basically, the texture .png files have moved around a bit in the texture pack, and you need to edit the texture pack (a .zip file) to move a .png file into a subfolder and then create a .properties file that points to it.

1. Open Sphax PureBDCraft 128x MC13.zip
2. Copy /ctm.png to /ctm/ctm.png
3. Create /ctm/terrain49.properties with the following text inside it:
       source=/ctm/ctm.png

I thought it was one of my mods, or something, interfering, but no, it's just a couple misplaced / missing files.  I know others on here might use PureBDCraft, and if you've updated to the 1.3.2 version you might encounter this same problem.  Hopefully this fix works for you as well.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Thorin

Also, we found a headless zombie wandering around today and thought it was a glitch, but if you turn on random mobs and are using PureBDCraft 1.3.2, this is from the changelog:

MOBS: Added Headless Zombie (Randomob)

So yeah, zombies aren't supposed to function without a head but if you have the right texture pack I guess they do?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

I downloaded Sphax yesterday morning and tried it out and connected textures worked just fine.

Also yeah, I ran into a couple headless zombies and thought WTF?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hmm...  Well, I tried it with the Connected Textures from OptiFine, where OptiFine was added using MagicLauncher.  Then I tried it with the Connected Textures from MCPatcher, running Minecraft directly instead of through MagicLauncher.  Glad it worked for you.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Oh, I did use MCPatcher to install it and I'm not running OptiFine.

I also no nothing about creeper holes

NOTHING
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 17, 2012, 08:56:15 AM

NOTHING

Yup, I tried using MCPatcher to install Connected Textures and then ran Minecraft with no mods and then selected the newest Sphax as the texture pack, and it didn't connect the glass for me.  I tried an older version of Sphax and it did connect the textures in all the different ways I tried (MagicLauncher + OptiFine, MCPatcher + OptiFine, MCPatcher on its own), so that's what made me look at the bdcraft.net forums where I found the posted answer.

No one likes creepers.  No one.  It was the one good thing about mob spawning having gone the way of the dodo on the server - no damn creepers destroying everything.  Did you know that in SMP the world's outer dimensions are 64,000,000 x 64,000,000 x 256?  And that's 1,048,576,000,000,000,000 blocks, or just over one quintillion?  And in all those blocks, I can't imagine a single place where a creeper would be welcome?  DAMN CREEPERS
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Did you get the latest Sphax (the snapshot versions) or the current Sphax?

I very nearly downloaded the snapshot version.

Also I found it interesting that connected textures was on by default.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I clicked and got the 1.3.2 version, not the 1.4-snapshot version.  And Connected Textures is set by the mod not the texture pack, so it was on because you turned it on with MCPatcher and in my case I turned it on with OptiFine (OptiFine actually has a setting in the in-game Video Settings menu to turn it off and on).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on September 17, 2012, 09:30:35 AM

NOTHING

Yup, I tried using MCPatcher to install Connected Textures and then ran Minecraft with no mods and then selected the newest Sphax as the texture pack, and it didn't connect the glass for me.  I tried an older version of Sphax and it did connect the textures in all the different ways I tried (MagicLauncher + OptiFine, MCPatcher + OptiFine, MCPatcher on its own), so that's what made me look at the bdcraft.net forums where I found the posted answer.

No one likes creepers.  No one.  It was the one good thing about mob spawning having gone the way of the dodo on the server - no damn creepers destroying everything.  Did you know that in SMP the world's outer dimensions are 64,000,000 x 64,000,000 x 256?  And that's 1,048,576,000,000,000,000 blocks, or just over one quintillion?  And in all those blocks, I can't imagine a single place where a creeper would be welcome?  DAMN CREEPERS

In hindsight this is funny, because now that I'm working on fireworks, I want to find creepers!  I need their gunpowder...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on December 29, 2012, 02:28:09 AM
Quote from: Thorin on September 17, 2012, 09:30:35 AM

NOTHING

In hindsight this is funny, because now that I'm working on fireworks, I want to find creepers!  I need their gunpowder...
I turned mobs back on right? I can't remember :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Thorin

Yeah, oh yeah, mobs are back on.  But creepers don't explode the landscape, thank goodness.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Quote from: Thorin on September 16, 2012, 10:35:13 PM
I downloaded the latest Sphax PureBDCraft texture pack so that I'd be able to see emeralds, but for some reason the connected textures mod wouldn't do its job with glass anymore.  After a bunch of farting around, I finally came across the solution here: http://bdcraft.net/forum/connected-textures-bug

Basically, the texture .png files have moved around a bit in the texture pack, and you need to edit the texture pack (a .zip file) to move a .png file into a subfolder and then create a .properties file that points to it.

1. Open Sphax PureBDCraft 128x MC13.zip
2. Copy /ctm.png to /ctm/ctm.png
3. Create /ctm/terrain49.properties with the following text inside it:
       source=/ctm/ctm.png

I thought it was one of my mods, or something, interfering, but no, it's just a couple misplaced / missing files.  I know others on here might use PureBDCraft, and if you've updated to the 1.3.2 version you might encounter this same problem.  Hopefully this fix works for you as well.

With the latest version of Sphax PureBDCraft, for 1.4.6, the glass connected textures work but the glass pane connected textures don't.  After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I realized that ConnectedTextures is expecting a certain file in a certain place, so I put it there:

1. Open Sphax PureBDCraft 128x MC14.zip
2. Copy /ctm/ctm.png to /ctm.png
3. Enjoy!

I think it's due to a change in OptiFine and it's ConnectedTextures mod, expecting the ctm.png file to no longer be in a subfolder.  Although all the other ctm files still stay in that subfolder.

Oh, and an interesting read about how it all works: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1414510-a-texture-artists-guide-to-mcpatchers-features/
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful