Kari from Mythbusters -- fan outcry might have actually had an impact?

Started by Darren Dirt, October 01, 2014, 10:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

For those not in the loop the Discovery laid off some of the Mythbusters people, including Kari.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 01, 2014, 11:17:01 AM
For those not in the loop the Discovery laid off some of the Mythbusters people, including Kari.

A better way to wording it is that they reset official cast of the show back to just Adam and Jamie...

Tom

The way it was worded, Jamie and Adam "wanted to go back to the way it was", and that it was an amicable parting.

I just assumed they wanted to shake things up a bit, and give kari, tory and grant their own show(s).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on October 01, 2014, 11:49:10 AM
The way it was worded, Jamie and Adam "wanted to go back to the way it was", and that it was an amicable parting.

I just assumed they wanted to shake things up a bit, and give kari, tory and grant their own show(s).

Why do I imagine that breaking down to the following:

Kari - Kids Science show
Tory - New stunt show like Jackass o
Gant - host of something like robot wars

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on October 01, 2014, 12:41:15 PM
Grant - host of something like robot wars

I wonder if he mentioned it or answered questions about the career derailment when he was here @ the Expo?

Mr. Analog

Grant is a full time SFX / robot / effects electronics guy and part time Mythbuster, he's the guy who ensures the Energiser Bunny keeps its beat. That said he's involved with a lot of shows, including Robot Wars
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

He and Geoff* should do an info-tainment hands-on science/engineering comedy travelling road show for the kids kind of thing.

Now that CraigyFerg is gonna retire.