Hilarious BritCom: Mrs. Brown's Boys

Started by Thorin, May 21, 2014, 09:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

We were introduced to a new show called Mrs. Brown's Boys thanks to someone at CowGirl's work.  Right from the get-go the show is hilarious, although definitely not to be played at work or in front of children (lots of swearing and adult comedic situations).

I'm surprised by how much story there is in the show, and the fact that each episode has new things happening.  But what really surprised me was when I realized that they don't edit out screw-ups - they just keep filming.  So if a scene needs to be re-started, you see the scene, the screw-up, and then the re-start.  I'm now watching the show with an eye out for when the actors might have adlibbed something - there was one scene where an actor is supposed to be sad, and another actor apparently says the wrong word, and the "sad" actor ends up laughing so hard his face turns red.

Anyway, check it out!  Six episodes per season, and yes, Mrs. Brown is played by a man.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on May 21, 2014, 09:46:26 AM
Six episodes per season

That was implied when you said it was BritCom  ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Melbosa

Hey Thorin, do you still have all these files?  I can only find season 1 & 2 on my usual locals...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I think that's all that's floating around at the moment?
By Grabthar's Hammer