window broke on my trailer while driving

Started by Thorin, September 01, 2015, 12:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I was driving to bring the trailer back to the storage lot, and when I get there I find out one of the windows broke :(

The first attachment shows how I found it when I got out to check my parking job, the second shows the temporary repair.

It'll probably cost me give hundred bucks for a stupid straight piece of glass >:|

Took a bloody long time to get all the little pieces picked up, too. It's that tempered glass that crumbles into a thousand pieces.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

:(

Could it possibly be covered under the warranty? It'd be odd for it to just break without any outside intervention.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

The manufacturer's warranty of length: 1 year has already expired.  The extended service contract doesn't cover glass breakage as far as I know.  I wouldn't have expected the original warranty to cover it, either, actually.  I would expect them to argue with me that I must have caused it.  The windows are "frameless", so they actually push closed against the outside of the trailer, so they actually stick out just a little even when closed.  It's likely that I managed to get a rock hit the edge of the window at just the right angle, and then that caused the breakage.

Hmm, I wonder if my trailer insurance would cover it.  Although it's probably not worth reporting, thanks to the deductible on the insurance...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on September 01, 2015, 09:56:40 AM
The manufacturer's warranty of length: 1 year has already expired.  The extended service contract doesn't cover glass breakage as far as I know.  I wouldn't have expected the original warranty to cover it, either, actually.  I would expect them to argue with me that I must have caused it.  The windows are "frameless", so they actually push closed against the outside of the trailer, so they actually stick out just a little even when closed.  It's likely that I managed to get a rock hit the edge of the window at just the right angle, and then that caused the breakage.

Hmm, I wonder if my trailer insurance would cover it.  Although it's probably not worth reporting, thanks to the deductible on the insurance...
:(

My neighbour james has had a few repairs covered under warranty, but then i think at least a couple were recalls anyhow.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!