Back to Telus I go...

Started by Melbosa, June 10, 2016, 02:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

So today I switched back to Telus for ISP with Bonded 100/20 plan.  So far so good, but do miss my own router already. 

Switched because of deals and costs, so we'll see how this looks in 6 months.  But for now so far so good.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Lazybones

Well it would be an easy switch to Techsavy or lightspeed from Telus if you wanted to save a few bucks.

Thorin

You're not allowed to use your own router?

And do they block port 80 incoming?  Like, if you had a web server set up at home, would you have to access it on a non-standard port?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

The DSL bonding requires a bonding modem, and they tend to be un-bridgable routers. In Telus's case, they also handle TOSing for TV and IP Phone, so they don't let you bridge it.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Tom on June 10, 2016, 07:40:23 PM
The DSL bonding requires a bonding modem, and they tend to be un-bridgable routers. In Telus's case, they also handle TOSing for TV and IP Phone, so they don't let you bridge it.

The one that lightspeed provides (you purchase from them) for bonding is bridgeable, but I should note their service is PPPOE, not a problem really but you do get a slightly smaller MTU from the extra encapsulation.

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on June 10, 2016, 04:35:21 PM

And do they block port 80 incoming?  Like, if you had a web server set up at home, would you have to access it on a non-standard port?
You can use your own router on anything inlcuding the bonded connections from Telus, but Optik TV does require their Modem Router because of how their TV works, so if you have their TV you are kinda stuck.

As for Port 80, I have no idea.  I don't run a web server...

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on June 11, 2016, 11:11:06 AM
Quote from: Thorin on June 10, 2016, 04:35:21 PM

You can use your own router on anything inlcuding the bonded connections from Telus, but Optik TV does require their Modem Router because of how their TV works, so if you have their TV you are kinda stuck.

As for Port 80, I have no idea.  I don't run a web server...

Uh, sir, could I please see your Nerd Card?

:D
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Lol it's called hosting services