Rumors to Reality

Started by Melbosa, May 04, 2005, 08:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/doom-3/609519p1.html

Looks like Doom the movie is a definate for October this year.  Big hit or bomb?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Shayne

Im hoping "The Rock" can save this movie.  Comes down to post production though, as 98% of the movie is gonna be CG.

Darren Dirt

If they are going to modify story and characters from the original source material, they should not do it halfway - totally do their own thing, retaining the name but not making any pretense of attempt to be faithful to The Game. That way they won't piss any fans off, and might even pull in those who would otherwise stay away because of the dark occult tone of the game... Gee, can anyone else think of any movies in the last decade that claimed to be videogame "remakes" but left you scratching your head all "wha?"

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

"Street Fighter" and "Mario Bros" are perfectly good... uhh, bad? Examples!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

What about Mortal Kombat?  Tomb Raider (not all that bad actually)?  House of the Dead?

Mr. Analog

Quote from: "Shayne"Tomb Raider (not all that bad actually)?
I agree, Tomb Raider had one or two things going for it ;)

The first Mortal Kombat movie was actually pretty good for what it was.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog""Street Fighter" and "Mario Bros" are perfectly good... uhh, bad? Examples!
BINGO. I can't think of any others that even come close to the 2 you mentioned, when it comes to in-name-only-deceit ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.