HOLY CRAP THAT'S A LOST OF COMICS

Started by Darren Dirt, July 14, 2005, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/...ristocrats.html

A celebration of (often profane, sometimes shocking, always unexpected) free speech - hopefully this actually gets theatrical release, I'd love to be surrounded by hundreds of others laughing against their best sensibilities... :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

My how shocking! They can't not say those things thay they weren't saying!

What a crap ad...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

In the name of all that is unholy and profane... We must see these veteran comics crack wise and self-congratulate and such. ;)

Seriously, if there's an actual point to the film, i.e. a plot and/or theme, then maybe it'll be worth a viewing. But if it's almost a documentary then file that under Rogers...

Mr. Analog

I dunno dude, it looks pretty weak. Most of these guys are way past their career peak, I think most modern audiences would only really know most of these faces from their post careers in movies and on L'Idiot box. As a nerd I would probably like this flick, but I can't see it being a wide or even popular release, video or otherwise.

And again if the ad was trying to make them look edgy it worked in reverse. It would have been shocking to see 20 years ago... maybe.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

...let me be the first to say, that Drew Carey is a waste of flesh and air.

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Shayne"...let me be the first to say, that Drew Carey is a waste of flesh and air.

Washington Post once described him as "a tubby dork in a crew cut and thick-rimmed glasses". He's a real-life Dilbert-next-door, who has certainly been riding on the coat tails of other more talented people around him... Who's Line is painful to watch but often it's because of how unfunny Drew is compared to the Rest O The Improv Gang.

But hey, even the SMBDCSWWS crowd (Simple Minded Beer Drinking Checkered Shirt Wearing Working Stiff) needs a celebrity example to hear about libertarianism don't they...  :unsure: