Stargate:Atlantis & Battlestar Galactica

Started by Shayne, July 18, 2005, 11:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shayne

While im not normally a nerd in my TV viewing (i can honestly say ive never seen an episode of B5), im totally addicted to these 2 shows.

Having not seen much of SG-1, i was a little lost in Season 2 Episode 1 of SG:A.  I have managed to rent most of the first 3 seasons of SG-1 and only have resently seen some of the aliens and their tech that helped SG:A fight and win in fridays episode.  I hope they dont keep that linking happening, would be nice to treat them as sorta seperate (i was shocked to see that SG-1 is still running and on season 9).

Battlestar i was sorta disappointed in the first episode of this new season.  It seemed like nothing was really resolved.  I hope a little more happens in the next episode.

Mr. Analog

Dang, I'll have to start downloading those, or get them offa somebody at Frag...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Ustauk

Quote from: "Shayne"Battlestar i was sorta disappointed in the first episode of this new season.  It seemed like nothing was really resolved.  I hope a little more happens in the next episode.
I think that's  a strength of the show, not a weakness.   Things aren't all wrapped up in a nice package with a bow by episodes end.  Actions from one episode may have consequences that continue over time.  Then again, I was a big fan of Babylon 5, so I may be a bit biased towards serialized story telling :)

Shayne

Oh im not really bashing it.  I enjoyed how its played as a Sci-Fi Soap Opera, but i was expecting a little more resolution in a season premier, guess i shouldnt have watch SG:A first (where it was all wrapped up) :P

Ustauk

Quote from: "Shayne"Oh im not really bashing it.  I enjoyed how its played as a Sci-Fi Soap Opera, but i was expecting a little more resolution in a season premier, guess i shouldnt have watch SG:A first (where it was all wrapped up) :P
Well, the Atlantis premiere was the final part of a three episode arc (The Siege, Part I, II, and III) so it made a certain amount of sense that it wrapped some things up.  Although it did set in motion a plot thread that will likely continue throughout the season.

Lazybones

I am totaly hooked on those shows as well.. I have my my system set to download er um record every episode as it airs... ;)

I really like how everyone gets screwed over in battlestar all the time.. You keep guessing who will die next, who is a cylon and where the whole thing is headed.

They have to win a somepoint doen't they.. They only have so many ships left to destroy before they are whiped out.