Clubbing from the female perspective: A Game

Started by Mr. Analog, September 26, 2005, 02:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

This interactive game shows you why most women go clubbing!

I've only been able to get to Level 3, and the music makes me want to grab FruityLoops again ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"This interactive game shows you why most women go clubbing!

I've only been able to get to Level 3, and the music makes me want to grab FruityLoops again ;)

FruityLoops eh? Last week I did some Googling and forum-reading the other day, looking for a Windows equivalent to the easy-to-use GarageBand. Apparently there's a lot more than FL to choose from, although none of them seem to have the kind of featureset as GB with a low price and easy to learn. (since GB is such a recent release, I guess waiting is the only solution for people like me ;))

One of the posters saved me a bunch of time (not really, since I found this post after I had already read a bunch of stuff, natch) by saying this...

[CONCLUSION]

I am not an avid Mac user, but I respect Apple. I have heard many good things about the company. Apples are much more secure than Windows computers. How much do you pay for virus protection, spyware protection, and repair bills each year?

But to help your cause I have searched the Internet far and wide for programs that I and other Windows users such as you can use in our quest for music creation software. Personally, I have tried only a few of them, such as "Acid" by Soundforge and am sure that at least a few of them are perfect for our use. Here is the list that I have compiled.

"Acid" by Soundforge

"Audacity"

"Adobe Audition" formally called "Cool Edit Pro"

"Cakewalk Kinetic"

"Cakewalk Home Studio 2004"

"Quartet X2 Music Studio"

"Traktion"

"Band-in-a-Box 12"

"Tabit"

"Fruityloops Studio"

"Ableton Live"

"Cubase SX2"

"Dance eJay"

"Codemaster's Music 2000"

"MAGIX Music Maker"

I recommend that you try to download free trials of these programs before you buy it.

If you need free or low cost musical loops you can try one of these:

Bitshift Audio

Access Music

Google search for free loops

I hope you have luck in your search for a program such as GarageBand. I am interested to know if any of these programs work for you.

[/CONCLUSION]

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=FruityLoops+Acid&btnG=Search&meta=

...just thought that might be interesting for ya...

Strive for progress. Not perfection.