...was only a matter of time...

pretty sweet by the looks of things: http://www.google.com/ig

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"Ugh "portaly"

Well, um...

It's WAY simpler than any other portal to configure -- DHTML drag and drop for the sections, you can determine how many items show up, and the RSS search works sweet and quick... I typed "liberty" and "Mises" and found a few sources to choose from, and strangely "freedom" came up with Cryptome -- which is a good read at times. :)

...ah well, nobody's forcing you to use it, my friend  :)

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

...and thus, Dirt is defeated by Analog in a scathing battle of wits...  :roll:

Shayne

It needs to be more...beautiful.  At Upside we use Sharepoint, and I love the layout.  Id like to see a similar customizability in a google portal...though being stuck with Google News sucks anus.

Mr. Analog

Gahh! Sharepoint and love in the same sentence!

EVIL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

I dont love the software, the layout power is crazy good.  Setting up personal views for any page or table is pretty dynamic.

Thorin

Yes, sorta ugly.  Looks like Yahoo! at first glance.  But wait, it knows my gmail address?  Sure, because they're all Google domains, and they can identify me from cookies.  But isn't it evil to share cookie data across the different Google domains?  And don't they claim not to be evil?
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Shayne

Well, is maps.google.com, mail.google.com and news.google.com really different domains?  Sure the subs are, but overall the domain is the same.

Fugly.

Mr. Analog

QuoteBut isn't it evil to share cookie data across the different Google domains?
It's all the same domain, if you remember you can't share cookies between domains ;)
By Grabthar's Hammer