Quiz: What's Your Political Philosophy?

Started by Darren Dirt, August 22, 2006, 12:11:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Quiz: What's Your Political Philosophy?

http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=61431

You scored as Libertarian. Libertarians believe that you have the right to live your life as you wish, without the government interfering, as long as you don't violate the rights of others. This translates into strong protections for privacy and property rights, and a weak to non-existent social safety net.

Libertarian....95%
Pro Business Republican....85%
Green....45%
Socially Conservative Republican....40%
Old School Democrat....25%
New Democrat....20%
Foreign Policy Hawk....15%

"...the answer to America's political problems is the same commitment to freedom that earned America its greatness: a free-market economy and the abundance and prosperity it brings; a dedication to civil liberties and personal freedom that marks this country above all others; and a foreign policy of non-intervention, peace, and free trade..."

It seems most/all of the "questions" are quotes from famous folks -- I'm pretty sure #23 ("The survival of liberty in our land increasingly depends on the success of liberty in other lands.") was a piece of nonsense spouted by Bush to justify never-ending war... :(

I'm (seriously) curious what others' philosophies happen to be... how you guys react to the slogans and other quotes in the above quiz.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I have to say that some of these questions were worded in very roundabout ways, but otherwise:

You scored as Old School Democrat.     

Old school Democrats emphasize economic justice and opportunity. The Democratic ideal is best summarized by the Four Freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

Old School Democrat 75%
Libertarian 60%
New Democrat 45%
Socially Conservative Republican 35%
Pro Business Republican 30%
Foreign Policy Hawk 30%
Green 15%

I think this fits my political POV.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Old school Democrats emphasize economic justice and opportunity. The Democratic ideal is best summarized by the Four Freedoms: freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear.

Old School Democrat 65%

New Democrat 60%
Libertarian 60%
Green 60%
Pro Business Republican 40%
Foreign Policy Hawk 30%
Socially Conservative Republican 0%

Interesting.  I would not have guessed the results other then the SCR being 0% which i knew their would be a very low score in terms of conservatism.  though with my highest 65 and the rest in the 60-30 range I'm a rather large fence sitter.