Main Menu

The Olympics

Started by Melbosa, February 16, 2010, 10:19:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I caught the whole first period, and the last fourteen minutes of the third.  I missed the OT :(

Have a good look at the medal count on Vancouver2010.com...  86 gold, 87 silver, 85 bronze handed out.  Huh?  Shouldn't it be one of each per event?!  Shouldn't there be an equal number of golds, silvers, and bronzes handed out?  Oh wait, there was an actual tie for second in the biathlon ([url]http://www.ctvolympics.ca/biathlon/news/newsid=45644.html[/url).

k-os is a long-time Canadian rapper / hip-hop artist who has frequently spoken out about hip-hop's obsession with "bling" (money, cars, and women).  If you follow the Canadian hip-hop scene or live in Toronto, you'll know who he is.  Tragically Hip would've been awesome, though.  Thank god they didn't bring out Glass Tiger!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

I thought the closing ceremonies were rather hilarious. And can't wait for all the idiots who think we were serious the entire time.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

I thought the Concert Acts they got were pretty big.  Nickelback, Alanis, Avril, Hedley, and Simple Plan are not small music names.  While not as infamous as the Hip, they were all probably cheaper all added up than asking for just one performance by the Hip :P.  Well maybe not.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!