MW3 Bought early for $1725, WHAT?

Started by Melbosa, November 04, 2011, 01:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/62833/Early-Copy-of-MW3-Sells-for-1-725-On-Ebay

QuoteJoystiq reported that someone paid $1,725 for a copy of Modern Warfare 3 on ebay. Apparently, Kmart accidentally sold some copies early and many of these wound up on Ebay.

What is even more bizzare about this whole thing is that, according to TechnoBuffalo, the buyer probably won?t actually receive the game until about one day before it hits store shelves. Someone has spent almost 30 times what the game is worth to get it one day early.

My mind was utterly blown by this news. Is there really a Call of Duty fan that desperate to get the game early?

There is a screen shot of the purchase... photoshoped?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Reading stuff like this makes me NOT want to buy it, part of the joy of any shootin' game is the online multiplayer but with MW2/Black Ops you get a lot of rabid fanboys who do nothing but obsess over it and so as a casual gamer it really blows when I log in and find nothing but a-holes doing stupid crap all the time.

This is exactly what kept me away from Halo and GoW as well
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I will say that some people are happy to pre-order games, and that I'm not one of them.  However, paying 29 times regular price is typically considered "insane!".  More likely, someone bid without the intention of actually paying.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

I'm with you there man...

I'm *really* hoping it's bogus for the lulz, it's would be really sad if someone actually spent that kind of money just to get their hands on it early :/
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

I am sure there are 20-30 year olds with the money to do this from rich families.

Hell they impounded something like 6 super cars from some out here just a few months ago.