MW3 Live Action Commercials

Started by Melbosa, November 07, 2011, 09:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

This one has the guy from Avatar and the heavy kid (whom seems to have lost a lot of weight) from Superbad, Knocked Up, Get him to the Greek:

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/94062/PC/Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-3/Cinematic/Vet-and-the-N00b/Flash-Video

Lots of production value for this commercial, so I'd say Infinity Ward/Activision is spending some good coin to compete with EA/DICE's BF3.

I laughed at this one... SFW BTW
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

For some reason the audio wasn't synced to the video :shrug:

Other than that it was hard to follow what was going on because of all the location changes.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I think this is a fan one, but it is definitely perfect for the first two modern warefares, as it definitely matches the game scenes and settings (I know, as I played through the first 2): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmsiaN5dZM

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

COD:MW has story lines?  I must not be keeping up-to-date enough on the games I don't play.

From my spectator's view, it never seems to be about stories, it always seems to be about killcounts in the shooting games.  At least, with the teens I see playing.  Hell, even that first video you posted is all about shooting things and blowing them up, not at all about any kind of plotline.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

The CoD:MW series has a story line about an organization (like terrorists) trying to take out American, British and Russian targets/cities.  You end up playing multiple people in different country's squads (and even in a different time for some backstory) working towards catching or taking out the organization's key people/installations and learning more about how and where they will hit next.  The first one you think you stop it all, and then the second one you randomly stumble upon the same organization, still working unseen as you are trying to run a smaller op totally unrelated.  And sometimes the operations, even though successful from an intelligence point, don't always end up with your squad or you surviving - first time I've experienced that really in a game and felt the loss of the character I was playing.

It is actually well written IMO, bringing the squad's experiences together to make one whole story.  I can't wait to see what happens in the last one just to come out this weekend.  The multiplayer for me isn't why I play the MW series, as I find they lack in comparison to the BF:Bad Company 2 and now BF3.

Medal of Honor games used to be know for their stories and the last one did have an "alright story line" but was lacking what the MW series has done for me.  BF games have not really had a good story except the Bad Company 1+2, although they are more your typical video game FPS stories and not with movie immersion that I get from the MW story.

My 2 cents :P

Mr. Analog

MW and MW2 had pretty good stories as far as run n' gun games go, Black Ops was intentionally goofy. MW3 seems to be sticking with the over the top craziness from Black Ops though from what I've seen so far.
By Grabthar's Hammer