How To Crater On The Internet

Started by Thorin, January 05, 2012, 01:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

lol

Or you could just phone 'em up and say, "Hey, Paul Christoforo's got control of our company's passwords.  Yes, that guy.  Can you please reset the password for me?"  I'm certain that the techs will know who he is without googling, but even if they don't, well, try googling his name...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on January 06, 2012, 09:20:10 PM
lol

Or you could just phone 'em up and say, "Hey, Paul Christoforo's got control of our company's passwords.  Yes, that guy.  Can you please reset the password for me?"  I'm certain that the techs will know who he is without googling, but even if they don't, well, try googling his name...
That should work too. :) though I think as long as you can prove you "own" the server/contract, they'll happily charge you to reset passwords and the like.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Thorin on January 06, 2012, 09:20:10 PM
try googling his name...

http://www.google.com/search?q=Paul+Christoforo

wow -- nearly the first hit is "Avenger Controller Makers Donate $10k to Offset Bad PR" , but first is "In-Game - Chastened gaming rep responds to Internet infamy*"

*and HOLY CRAP Christoforo LIED about what was said in the emails!
Yet while admitting he handled things badly, Christoforo said he also felt the situation could have been different if Krahulik approached the situation differently.

"He called me a bully, but he was being a bully ... especially when he emailed me out of the blue, saying 'That's f***ing s***ty, you're banned from PAX,' I was like 'Who the f*** are you? That's how you introduce yourself? ... I dont want to call him out, but he could have gone about that a totally different way, he could have said, 'Hey, I run the show, that email was a little unprofessional, if you don't do something to apologize I don't want you at my show.' But he just came at me and said, indirectly, 'Hey, f*** you, you're banned from PAX.' Is that what you'd call professional? I wouldn't."

Anyone else notice some very ... CREATIVE paraphrasing there? lol @ "I don't wanna call him out, but I'm calling him out"

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Yeah, he says something and then says the exact opposite in the following sentence.

There is now a (not yet substantiated) claim that he was selling these controllers on Ebay for private profit.  As in, take it from the warehouse, sell it, pocket the money.  The reason I say "not yet substantiated" is because instructions for how to check this fact have been posted by a user but not confirmed by anyone else.  As far as I've seen, anyway.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Darren Dirt

an opposite POV -- how to do marketing CORRECTLY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xNcF6T7Is

^ case designed to protect an iPad, proven by dropping it from 20 miles up.

Darren Dirt

Thorin

Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Sounds like he pranked himself by continuing to be an ass...

Just wow...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

it's not just glorified sales clerks that implode on the internet with their ... way with words.

http://gawker.com/5901546/ill-make-250k-this-year-while-youre-unemployed-lol-monstercom-recruiting-goes-horribly-wrong

to quote Mr. 250k a year, "LOL."