Star Trek: TNG and Doctor Who

Started by Lazybones, May 25, 2012, 11:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2012/05/star-trek-tng-doctor-who/

:think: This is ether incredibly awesome or the worst idea ever.... I think I need to find out.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

or

Might also work...

However how odd is it when compared to other time travel and Q plot lines in STNG

Thorin

No, it's a bad idea.  I'm glad it's only a comic, not an actual show that will make it into canon.

Also, Cybermen would never work with the Borg, they would try to wipe them out and take over their ship.  Same the other way around.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Meanwhile a Long, Long Time Ago...

LOL
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on May 25, 2012, 12:59:00 PM
No, it's a bad idea.  I'm glad it's only a comic, not an actual show that will make it into canon.

Also, Cybermen would never work with the Borg, they would try to wipe them out and take over their ship.  Same the other way around.

Cybermen and the Borg share a fair amount in their goals and designs.
Both assimilate organic humanoids, both strip emotion and tend to make drones. They also tend to have some form of queen / leader per large group.

Cybermen are mostly machine / Borg are about 50/50.

I am not sure if they would truly be at odds or would willingly combine their strengths.

Mr. Analog

I just assume it would be the same as putting to anthills next two each other, there'd be raids back and forth a bunch of times and eventually the'd all be the same species.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Pff, that's the tip o' the iceberg. You should see some of the unofficial stuff...
By Grabthar's Hammer