Main Menu

It Figures

Started by Thorin, August 10, 2012, 02:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I finally have free time to play Minecraft this weekend, and the server's down while the admin is enjoying his time at Fraga.

I hope you're enjoying yourself at Fraga, Tom.  I do hope you figure out what's wrong with the server soon, though.

Maybe I'll spend this time learning how to set up LAN maps so my kids can play with / against each other on their own map.  I wonder if we can port-forward so people outside the LAN can join in.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Tom

I can put it back up, as it doesn't look like the last week's or so progress is recoverable.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Everything built since 1.3 launched will probably be lost :C
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Yikes, that means your ship and cranes!

So would we go back to 1.2.5 then?  Or is it still 1.3.1?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on August 10, 2012, 04:59:22 PM
Yikes, that means your ship and cranes!

So would we go back to 1.2.5 then?  Or is it still 1.3.1?

Yeah, I lost all my builds :C

We'll stay on 1.3 for sure but Tom has to fix his scripts.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

What scripts need fixing?  And when will the server be back up (and reliable, that matters)?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 10, 2012, 05:56:26 PM
What scripts need fixing?  And when will the server be back up (and reliable, that matters)?
The script that runs the server and handles the syncing the ramdisk holding the "on disk" map data, and the actual hard disk, and tells minecraft to sync its map and disable saving while the actual map backup happens. Basically when a real map backup happens, a script run from cron tells the minecraft wrapper script to tell minecraft to disable saving, do a full save of the map, then rsync the map files from the ramdisk to the harddrive.

One of those steps kept it from actually saving to the harddrive. And sadly when the server was restarted on thursday, minecraft crashed (java exception) before it had a chance to save files. which seems to have kept the script from syncing the ramdisk back to the hard disk (and the last time that was done, was when the server was updated).

I can put the server back up right now. but I won't have a chance to fix the script itself for a bit. I think for now I'll just run minecraft directly in tmux, without the wrapper. That way backups will happen properly and overviewer will start working again.

Thorin

Quote from: Tom on August 10, 2012, 06:08:11 PM
I can put the server back up right now. but I won't have a chance to fix the script itself for a bit. I think for now I'll just run minecraft directly in tmux, without the wrapper. That way backups will happen properly and overviewer will start working again.

I can't reach the server, did you put it back up?  ping tomasu.org returns 174.3.77.93 and does not time out...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 11, 2012, 04:01:19 PM
Quote from: Tom on August 10, 2012, 06:08:11 PM

I can't reach the server, did you put it back up?  ping tomasu.org returns 174.3.77.93 and does not time out...
You didn't get back to me, so I didn't bother. I'll put it up now.

Thorin

Thank you for putting the server back up.  I haven't seen any updates on Overviewer yet, though; is that still a work in progress?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

Quote from: Thorin on August 12, 2012, 01:45:13 PM
Thank you for putting the server back up.  I haven't seen any updates on Overviewer yet, though; is that still a work in progress?
Mr.A had said its updating properly. Note that the map got set back to the 1.3 update it seems.

Thorin

Well this giant room should be complete (at least the top layer): http://mc.tomasu.org/#/1571/64/762/-1/0/1.  I tried refreshing, and I tried in IE and Firefox (neither of which have ever seen Overviewer before so definitely don't have images cached).  I still see a partially completed room (see screenshot).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Thorin

Can someone else  confirm whether they see the same as I do on the Overviewer for the location linked in the previous post?  I still don't see updates (the cockroach is still "I Say"ing, for instance).
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Tom

I just updated Overviewer and ran it manually. the I Say is still there. I can't really explain it (if it really isn't in the world anymore).

Thorin

Thanks, the manual update worked.  I now have a complete room showing up.  The "I Say" is still on there, so must still be there in-game.  If you're using Chrome you'll have to push Ctrl+R to refresh the page to get image matching the attached.
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful