Main Menu

Halo 4

Started by Stewie521, August 25, 2012, 11:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie521

Well it is confirmed. 343 Industries is releasing Halo 4 November 6th 2012!!!! I have to say I am looking forward to this. 343 has done a lot of work getting ready for the release, and they are not kidding around. Halo 1:Anniversary was remastered and put out by 343 to familiarize new players to the original story and the beginning of John S-117.

Also don't know if you y'all have heard, but Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn is a new Live Action series put out by 343 premiering on October 5th 2012. 343, in cooperation with Machinima Prime, will be filming this short as a prologue to Halo 4. Meant to fill the gap between 3 and four ( sorta like the Force Unleashed and the Star Wars movies. Check out Machinima Prime on YouTube if you want to see it ) In this short we are given a view of some of the men and women in training at the UNSC academy to be serviced on the UNSC ship, the UNSC Infinity, sent out by mankind to promote peace and spread the cause of mankind. Just one problem; the UNSC Infinity was in construction while the human race was at war with the Covenent Fleet. As a fully loaded battle cruiser, the UNSC Infinity crashes, or is puled via tracker beam (not sure which), on the same Forerunner planet as Master Chief, as shown by the E3 Trailer from last year. (Trailer Here) The UNSC Infinity plays a major role in the story line of Halo 4, as shown in some released gameplay (Gameplay Trailer)

Another interesting part is definitely going the story with Cortana. As you may have seen from the gameplay, is that Cortana does go rogue. Claiming that AIs can only last 7 years. But if you remember from Reach, Dr Hallsye told Noble Team that Cortana was found in Forerunner ruins, and served as a "maid" to it. After making modifications, Cortana was sent to the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, where she was brought away from Reach. Cortana is most likely feeling a sense of, homesick we'll call it, and probably doesn't want to leave because she is feeling at home...? I don't know, it'll be interesting to see how 343 can take advantage of this story with Cortana.

Also seen there is the Covenant, but if you remember from Halo 3, the war was ended, so interesting to see that there are still Elites at war with mankind. I'd like to find out how 343 is going to cover that, i have heard that there are rogue Elites and Grunts that are still hunting down mankind, but after having taken out, and glassing most of their colonies, I don't see a problem with them.

So I have preordered the Halo 4 Limited Edition from EBGames, ( No more Legendary Editions D: ) and i have to say, after some research, this looks to be a promising buy. The kit includes the following (Look away if you don't want to know) :

- Halo 4 Game with Steel case with UNSC Logo stenciled on it
- War Games Map Pack access
- Instant Access to all 9 Specializations (New feature Halo Wikia:Specializations)
- 90 minute Extended Edition of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn
- Exclusive Assault Rifle Skin
- Bonus in-fiction content providing backstory on characters and stories in Forward Unto Dawn
- The Making of Forward Unto Dawn
- Special Featurette Bringing Gameplay to Reality (Halo Armor Blueprints)
- Recruit Armor
- Spartan Prime Skin
- Spartan Prime Emblem
- Cryo-Chamber Avatar Prop

Well that's all that 343 released. (Source Halo Wikia)

So I wanna know, what do you guys think of the release of Halo 4? I am really interested in hearing most of the backstory, as this is a Forerunner planet they are on. I do think they could've done without the gun skins, but whatever.

Melbosa

Its been so long since I finished the other Halos, the story isn't very fresh with me any more.  So while I'll play it, I'm not sure I will get heavy story out of it unless I replay the olds.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!