Caffeination Location? (coffee, tea, etc)

Started by Mr. Analog, February 24, 2011, 10:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So where do you most often get your fix?

Tim Hortons
1 (14.3%)
Starbucks
3 (42.9%)
Second Cup
0 (0%)
Fast food place (McDonalds, Subway, etc)
0 (0%)
Make your own (or other)
0 (0%)
HIGH ON LIFE (don't drink hot caffeinated drinks)
3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on October 14, 2014, 10:10:31 AM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 14, 2014, 09:29:49 AM
Old thread alert!

Anyway, I recently got into using the Starbucks phone app where you can pre-load it like a card and just scan it when you through the till.

The interesting effect it's had for me IMO is that I'm much more aware of how easy it is to spend upwards of $10 a visit, maybe not the intended outcome but still, interesting information to have in your hand.

Ya if you use the 'Manual' reload option you quickly realize how damn expensive it is.

imo it is kinda the new way of the future because of how profitable it must be for megacorps whose profit margin keeps shrinking.

When you take out cash you actually pay attention to its departure piece by piece, and during a purchase you consider its cost vs value since you physical lose something in exchange for the goods. With plastic, not so much, it's just confirming a numeric amount, it's like an idea. With "preloaded" cards and digital balances like this new stuff it's plastic to the extreme, it's even easier for companies to gouge you for extra stuff (or just over-priced stuff) that you don't even realize/notice is ridic and adds up quickly, because the payment is all like all ethereal.

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

I don't know about that, I mean how many of us have jars of change with unknown amounts stored within?

All I know is it beats having yet another card in my wallet
By Grabthar's Hammer