How do I print a PDF in Windows 8? Read more at http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how

Started by Lazybones, February 13, 2013, 10:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Melbosa

I've set Windows 8 to use Adobe Reader again as the built in PDF Viewer has problems with some PDF formats that Adobe Reader does not.  But yeah it is a bit funny to print from the default PDF Reader.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on February 14, 2013, 08:14:52 AM
I've set Windows 8 to use Adobe Reader again as the built in PDF Viewer has problems with some PDF formats that Adobe Reader does not.  But yeah it is a bit funny to print from the default PDF Reader.

Have you considered using Foxit PDF Reader?  Supposedly less bloated than Adobe's product...
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Melbosa

Never tried anything other than Adobe.  I have to support the install in lots of places so I might as well work with it myself.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on February 14, 2013, 10:40:52 AM
Never tried anything other than Adobe.  I have to support the install in lots of places so I might as well work with it myself.
Blaspheme! Dog food is for dogs, Not people!
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Quote from: Thorin on February 14, 2013, 09:31:10 AM
Quote from: Melbosa on February 14, 2013, 08:14:52 AM

Have you considered using Foxit PDF Reader?  Supposedly less bloated than Adobe's product...

I normally recommend it however it totally failed to render a simple copyright symbol and dash as well as a few other font errors in an important legal document I received so I tired the microsoft one which rendered it correctly, but then I struggled to figure out how to PRINT. Seriously a File viewer usual has two functions, read and print. I have no idea why print could not have been a dedicated context item in this apps function bar... Having to mouse over the charm bar, then go to devices, and select a device (the word print not being displayed till after this part) totally prevents user self discovery. You have to have a tutorial on PRINTING to understand this is how it works... and guess what I don't remember one when I installed windows 8 just a quick one telling me where the charm bar was.

Tom

Quote from: Lazybones on February 14, 2013, 11:36:05 AM
Having to mouse over the charm bar, then go to devices, and select a device (the word print not being displayed till after this part) totally prevents user self discovery.
And this right there is my entire problem with the entire thing for desktop use. I absolutely need to be able to discover things, and see them to learn them. If there is absolutely no hint that some UI is hidden, how am I supposed to know it's there? Too many things are hidden from view, and makes discovery very difficult.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!