Main Menu

Daredevil

Started by Lazybones, April 21, 2015, 05:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

I am only three episodes in and really enjoying it. I think I am going to be sad when gets his costume.

Melbosa

I'm a little further and they introduce the King Pin soon after where you are.  They also introduce Stick and his master but unsure whom that is just as of yet... I'm enjoying it as well.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

You know, I just happened to have to build ratio and found that show, I should watch it...

I've heard that it's much, much better than the movie of the same name.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

It's nothing like the movie, in fact so far it is the most"real" hero show I have watch in a while.

Mr. Analog

This series has been impressive to say the least. Worth checking out
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

Hot damn this is an awesome show.  Way better than Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  And yet I still sometimes watch that show... 

They've done an awesome job with Fisk so far.  And Daredevil is an actual believable hero.  I never read the comics, does he really have super-senses?
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Yes, he is blind with super senses.  What I find interesting in this show is that they don't add a CSI / X-ray event to explain what he is hearing or smelling, he just informs another character (this might just be a budget thing but I like it).

His physical ability is just peak human as far as I recall (similar to batman).

Thorin

Well, finished the first season. Damn I hope they make more. I can't believe how much they packed into thirteen episodes, but then at the same time there were spots where all I could think was, "I get it, hurry up already".

The backstory of Daredevil is well-told. The emergence of Kingpin was absolutely brilliant, though.

And Lazy, they did show his "world on fire" view once. But you're right, they don't do it over and over.

Now I won't say anything else because spoilers!
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Lazybones

Ya I had not seen the world on fire thing yet when I posted that.

I have a few more episodes to go.

Comic summary of Daredevil, it appears the show is following the frank miller version with some changes.
http://youtu.be/R6ISSwDXzv0

Lazybones

Finished now.... Damn, I hope the upcoming Netflix Marvel exclusives are as good.

I also like AOS but I think Agent Carter is better than. AOS

Thorin

To be honest, for me keeping up with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is all about knowing everything about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, not about watching good acting.

And I think it's cool that Daredevil is set in the aftermath of the neighbourhood destroyed in the Avengers movie...
Prayin' for a 20!

compile successful

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on April 26, 2015, 07:14:10 PM
And I think it's cool that Daredevil is set in the aftermath of the neighbourhood destroyed in the Avengers movie...

All Marvel TV Shows are set in the MCU which is affected by what happens in the movies and vice-versa but to a lessor degree.  Also to answer your other question, Daredevil on Netflix was renewed for season 2 on April 21, 2015 only 11 days after its full season release: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daredevil_%28TV_series%29

I am also almost done season 1 so yes please do not spoil it for me.  Got a little side tracked by "Halt and Catch Fire" AMC show but will be back on Daredevil this week.

Also I too am liking AoS and AC... I actually haven't hated any of the MCU TV shows; can't wait for the next ones :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!