DC's Legends of Tomorrow - First Look

Started by Mr. Analog, May 14, 2015, 12:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

That rich dude in the suit (who clearly isn't IronMan *cough*) looks like he could have been hilariously played by Nathan Fillion...
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on May 14, 2015, 02:05:00 PM
That rich dude in the suit (who clearly isn't IronMan *cough*) looks like he could have been hilariously played by Nathan Fillion...
He is a regular in Arrow at the moment, and he is ATOM which is an older character than Antman from Marvel, but not sure about Iron Man.  His power is more to shrink to atom sizes to be heroic.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Atom predates Iron Man by 2 years

Ironically Firestorm is probably the youngest DC character in the group but portrayed by the oldest actor (who actually sounds a LOT like the VA from the late 70s Superfriends)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Yeah, I have little knowledge about DC or Marvel ;) still though, it seems like they were going for a certain vibe with that character.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Lazybones

Been watching the Flash, and a little Arrow due to cross overs... Unlike iron man the Atom is a total dork, at least in the Flash / Arrow series.

I somewhat enjoy the flash but it isn't great.

Thorin

Hmm, I've been watching The Middle.  It came out at the same time as Modern Family, and it's about a family in the current time period, but it's about a lower-class family instead of an upper-middle class group of families.  I'm really liking it so far.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Lazybones on May 14, 2015, 08:49:51 PM
Been watching the Flash, and a little Arrow due to cross overs... Unlike iron man the Atom is a total dork, at least in the Flash / Arrow series.

So he's a smart rich guy who sciences his way into being a superhero -- but the real question: is he a dork ... or a nerd or dweeb or geek? ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Oi my DC knowledge is rusty as hell

The ORIGINAL Atom (Al Pratt) debuted in 1940, the character was a nerdy college guy (later physicist) who was short and represented that no matter how big or small you were you were still important

The silver age Atom (Ray Palmer, 1961) is the one I'm most familiar with and was also a physicist and university professor, he science'd himself the suit and device that lets him grow / shrink.

There have been at least 3 other Atoms since then

The Rich Guy angle is new, likely a nod to Iron Man, which was intentional I'm sure. Also the choice of White Canary over Black Canary is really odd if you ask me because the latter is much more well known than the former

FYI the ORIGINAL Atom founds the Justice Society, which was the precursor to the JLA (aka the Justice League) so possible spoilers
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 15, 2015, 09:29:52 AM
Also the choice of White Canary over Black Canary is really odd if you ask me because the latter is much more well known than the former
This is solely because CW has the actress for Black Canary in Arrow under contract and her sister White Canary died in that show so I suspect her contract was up or negotiable.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on May 17, 2015, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on May 15, 2015, 09:29:52 AM
Also the choice of White Canary over Black Canary is really odd if you ask me because the latter is much more well known than the former
This is solely because CW has the actress for Black Canary in Arrow under contract and her sister White Canary died in that show so I suspect her contract was up or negotiable.

I was thinking they were capitalizing on or helping to stir buzz about the whole Suicide Squad thing

To quote The Comic Book Store Guy: "WORST. JOKER. EVER."
By Grabthar's Hammer