What is your hard liquor choice - brand and type?

Started by Melbosa, December 04, 2015, 11:10:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Just saw a conversation here about people's type of hard liquor, so I'd thought I'd ask.  If you had to drink on a regular basis, what would be your liquor of choice (and I'm NOT talking about if money was no object - more in reality what would you choose)?

Mine, well that is easy: Crown Royal Rye with Mix.

What is yours?
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

I've settled on higher end Rum with cola. I want to try other mixes. I also occasionally like Vodka Coolers like Smirnoff Ice/TrippleBlack.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

In no particular order:

• Gibson's Silver Label
  • Jameson's
  • Glenfiddich (12 years+)
  • Grey Goose
  • Bacardi Gold
  • Cointreau
  • Jack Daniels Old No. 7
  • Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey
  • Woodford Reserve (bourbon)

There's nothing better than a martini (or a gibson [similar but with gin]) once in a while... or a good glass of bourbon

To be honest I mostly drink wine now
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on December 04, 2015, 11:18:51 AM
I've settled on higher end Rum with cola. I want to try other mixes. I also occasionally like Vodka Coolers like Smirnoff Ice/TrippleBlack.
What do you consider "higher end"?

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on December 04, 2015, 11:25:24 AM
Appleton Estate 7-12 year, Flor de Ca?a 7-12 year.

Melbosa

Quote from: Tom on December 04, 2015, 11:27:13 AM

Oh you mean decent brands and labels, not high end.  Those are on the same level as Captain Morgan.  High end would be Panamonte, El Dorado, or Pyrat.  I would say yours are the Not-Cheap, Not Bottom of the Run, Rum choices ;)

Tom

Quote from: Melbosa on December 04, 2015, 11:33:14 AM
Quote from: Tom on December 04, 2015, 11:27:13 AM

Oh you mean decent brands and labels, not high end.  Those are on the same level as Captain Morgan.  High end would be Panamonte, El Dorado, or Pyrat.  I would say yours are the Not-Cheap, Not Bottom of the Run, Rum choices ;)
Fine :P I did say Higher, not HIGH :P It's hard to even find the older Appleton and Flor's let alone those you mentioned.

Thorin

Quote from: Melbosa on December 04, 2015, 11:10:03 AM
Just saw a conversation here about people's type of hard liquor, so I'd thought I'd ask.  If you had to drink on a regular basis, what would be your liquor of choice (and I'm NOT talking about if money was no object - more in reality what would you choose)?

Mine, well that is easy: Crown Royal Rye with Mix.

What is yours?

So, if we had to drink on a regular basis?  What would force us to?  Shouldn't the question be if we were able to drink on a regular basis?  Too many times I can't drink when I want to because of having to drive home or drive kids somewhere or appear sober at some event.

Lately I've been drinking Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum mixed with Coke Zero, tastes pretty much like Vanilla Coke (an old favourite of mine), except of course if I mix it too strong.  Which I do most of the time, because most of the time I'm more interested in being drunk than enjoying the flavour.

I also drink a small assortment of beers:
- Innis & Gunn (expensive)
- Big Rock Honey Brown + Trad (really, almost any Big Rock)
- Hoegaarden
- Stella
- Original Joe's Blonde (surprisingly good)
- Amber's Lunch Pail Ale
- Coors Banquet (cheapo cheapo, goes down super easy, I could drink twelve in an evening around a fire and not notice it until I try to walk)
- Kokanee or whatever other light ale is on tap

Hmm, that's a larger assortment than I first thought.  I'm just not big on the hard liquors, is all.  Although I probably have time for some good Sambuca.

edit: just realized I forgot Sleeman's Cream Ale and La Fin Du Monde.  That last one?  It'll getcha drunk in a hurry.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful