NVIDIA has a Game Optimization product coming

Started by Melbosa, January 24, 2013, 03:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Source: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-experience-open-beta-launched

QuoteFinally open to the public, the latest version of GeForce Experience adds support for the latest games, new hardware configurations, and many other improvements.

Last month, NVIDIA released GeForce Experience as a closed beta. Over 40,000 gamers downloaded the application and we received a tremendous amount of feedback. In the past month our software team has been busy incorporating that feedback and making improvements. Today, we're pleased to announce that GeForce Experience will be available as an open beta for anyone to download and try out.

With the latest release of GeForce Experience, we've added support for the latest games, including FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken. In total, 41 games are now supported.

In the closed beta, we limited CPU support to the latest generation. With this release, we are adding Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support in the majority of supported titles. We've also improved the game detection logic so supported games will work more reliably with GeForce Experience.

Many gamers requested that we add 2560 x 1440 resolution support. We did just that.

And throughout the application we've made numerous speed improvements and bug fixes.

If you haven't done so already, download GeForce Experience and give it a spin. Send us your feedback using the built-in "Send feedback" tool or share your thoughts in the comments section below or the GeForce Experience forums.

GeForce Experience 1.0.1 Release Notes
* Expanded game support, including FarCry 3, Mechwarrior Online, and Hawken. GFE now support 41 titles.
* Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad CPU support in most games. More to come.
* Dramatically improved game detection logic/
* Added optimal playable settings for 2560 x 1440 displays.
* Improved translations for Chinese, Danish, and UK English.
* Improved performance for client startup, billboard display, game scan, and communication with NVIDIA servers.
* Numerous bug fixes and improvements.

Hmmm from a guy that has a couple GeForce based GPUs... maybe I might take it for a swing and see really what does it do...
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

I don't get it, it sounds like a driver update bundled with hardware config presets?? But really isn't that what a driver update is anyway?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah I don't know either.  Have to try and see what is really does.

Mr. Analog

So, after having USED GeForce experience for just about a year I've realized that it's just a way of selling video cards. Why do I say this? It brings up your list of games it has optimizations for and tells you which ones are "optimized" HOWEVER it doesn't seem to take into account the actual video card you are using, it SEEMS to look at the series number only and assumes you have the top of that series (I could be wrong but that's how it appears)

So if I "optimize" GTA V with it, it cranks up textures to the maximum (which look great by the way) BUT my available video memory isn't actually large enough to store all that (thank you GTA V display settings screen for telling me) which means the card struggles when playing the game with those "optimal" settings (and in a game like GTA you need a MINIMUM framerate of 30 FPS at all times or forget it)

So the optimal settings aren't actually all that optimal, unless I'm missing something
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Let me say that for starters I've obviously never been truly happy with GeForce Experience - the best thing it ever gave me was ShadowPlay, a zero lag / no framedrop way of recording HD video and LIKE AN ASS I left Auto-Update enabled

GeForce Experience 3 is TERRIBLE and REQUIRES login

Don't do what Donny Don't Did and Download
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

I already had a login, so with the update wasn't a big deal to me.  The game optimization feature in version 3 actually works well...

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Melbosa on September 12, 2016, 04:43:32 PM
I already had a login, so with the update wasn't a big deal to me.  The game optimization feature in version 3 actually works well...

I can't get the damn thing to run even after creating a login

It's broke as hell
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer