Want to use McAfee in your Nuclear Power Plant? Forget it!

Started by Mr. Analog, September 21, 2005, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

The EULA for McAfee prohibits use of it's product in "High Risk" environments such as weapon systems, Nuclear facilities, etc...

QuoteThe Software is not fault-tolerant and is not designed or intended for use in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, including without limitation, in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, weapons systems, direct life-support machines, or any other application in which the failure of the Software could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or property damage (collectively, "High Risk Activities"). McAfee expressly disclaims any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tonnica

I got a bit of a "what the?" moment when I was updating my McAfee service at work today. I was reading through the agreement (now you know what kind of person actually does that) and hit that little gem.

They certainly cover everything. But does "50 foot tall nuclear powered robot" fall under "nuclear facility"?