Speed test time again!

Started by Mr. Analog, September 27, 2005, 09:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Well, I just did a speed test, and whoah, way faster than cruddy ol' DSL

P.S. The site I used: http://www.dslreports.com/stest
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Um, yeah, Peter, I'm gonna have to go ahead and, uh... switch back from wireless to wired, mkay?

^Luckily just this week I moved my computer close enough to my router that I can direct-wire it again. Def gonna do that, yikes!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Shayne

I tried running this lastnight, but i was like...how on earth can i be at 25 up and 400 down.  Then i realized i had 19 torrents going, some IRC downloads and a couple running through emule :P  I'll have to try this a little later i think.  Should be identical to MrAs since he is like 100 yards away from my place.

Shayne

MrA, are you on iExtreme?  Or just regular Shaw Cable?

Mr. Analog

I'm on Extreme-I yes...

Incedentally, this is why I resisted cable for so long, NOW I get to try to figure out why my connection is slower by 1/3...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

If you want to ensure that your shaw connection is giving you full speed I suggest http://speedtest.shaw.ca/ It only works from a shaw connection but it will show you what your speed is internaly.

I have gone to several speed tests on dslreports and each one gave me back totaly different results..

Sort of an ideal test vs a real world test.. Thats not to stay the results from DSL Reports arn't impressive.

Shayne

Quote from: "Mr. Analog"I'm on Extreme-I yes...

Incedentally, this is why I resisted cable for so long, NOW I get to try to figure out why my connection is slower by 1/3...

I did run my test at 6:50am this morning when traffic is probably fairly low (connecting to Seattle server).

Tom

Heres mine, regular shaw:

I usually get closer to 600KB/s, but those speed test servers arnt the best ;)
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!