Halloween Movies Thread

Started by Mr. Analog, October 21, 2005, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

So what spooktacular flicks do you like to watch at Halloween?

Post 'em here!

Oh, I'll kick off with one of my faves: Army of Darkness, but I might have to throw in Bubba Ho-Tep as well this year ;-)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

House of Wax (i hope Paris gets naked!)

The Silver Surfer

All Evil Dead movies ( might not be scare, but just fun) nothing else really comes to mind

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tonnica

Lake of Dracula/The Evil of Dracula (a Japanese take on the Dracula myth with the most hilarious white scarf-wearin' Drac you ever did see, it's a Toho film!)

Defenitely the Evil Dead films, especially Army of Darkness

Shawn of the Dead (a new favourite of mine)

Pit & the Pendulum

The Cask of Amontillado

Young Frankenstein

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (not exactly Halloween themed but close enough!)

Dracula Dead and Loving it

That one Dracula movie, y'know the one where they try to do it seriously with the cool grotesque giant man-bat scene

Oo, Shadow of the Vampire. For anyone who's seen this one: remember the bit with the snoring?

Think of me what you will, I still really like The Mummy

Hooo... Just to name a few. And that's just a few. Yeah, I like monster movies a lot. :P

Mr. Analog

Pit and the Pendulum rules! I saw "Lake of Dracula" in Yokohama (it all makes perfect nonsense now!) IT SUCKED. I was more afraid of what Benten might do to me if I was discovered watching such a crap show...

;-) White scarf indeeeeeed. (FYI, nearly everyone dies in the Lake of Dracula, and by "dies" I means "gets smothered in a bad video effect"). Seeing the Tokyo Giants being whupped by the Chunnichi Dragons was more suspensful!

Kekeke!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Shayne

Tonnica

Quote from: "Shayne"Legally Blonde

You're a braver person than I, and I've seen Ju-on and Ringu within three days of one another! (though the impact of Ringu was decreased dramatically by being on an IRC channel where everyone was watching it and heckling it at the same time)

EDIT: I just had a thought! Well it's an idea I figured might be good to rip off when I was thinking about how I saw Ringu off of someone's Shoutcast stream with an IRC channel full of people discussing it at the same time. Not everyone is in the same general area so why don't we put together a playlist of movies we can stream via shoutcast for everyone on the pre-hallows-eve weekend? The quality won't be exactly great, but it could be fun having everyone be able to share in favourite Halloween movies together.

Mags

To me it's only truly one movie, and that is the Exorcist.

Sometimes it's fun to throw Halloween III into the mix if it's on tbs or some such station. Simply because it, bizarrely, has nothing to do with the franchise, and it's completely goofy.
"Bleed all over them, let them know you're there!"

Fedora Gal

Rocky Horror Picture Show and Elvira!!!

hehehe cheesy I know!

Whatever other scary movies I can get my hands on, but these two are pretty much a must watch every year.
When the going gets tough, the tough make lemonade!

Mr. Analog

Hah! Haven't seen Elvira for a while :lol:
By Grabthar's Hammer