Nintendo DS, Browser and TV turner in action

Started by Lazybones, February 16, 2006, 09:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Found this video clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ogWgYF3r4M

Browser functions look neet... One screen shows a scaled version of the page and the other screen shows the full size zoomed area.. After trying browsing on my PDA and switching zoom levels many times I thing this will be a nice implementation.

Thorin

That's the DS Lite, notice there's a little lip around the lid.  I think the two-screen system lends itself very well to smart use.  The zoomed-view-on-top/full-view-on-bottom is a smart idea.  Also notice how much space is given on the bottom screen for you to write in your text (or Chinese characters) while the top screen can show you other stuff.

Of course, it *is* bigger than your PDA, Lazy.  And it doesn't have a keyboard.  But then, I hate tiny keyboards, they take a long time to get used to and frequently lead to hand cramps.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

The DS uses an version of the Opera mobile browser.. I dowloaded a trial of it for Pocket PC and have found it to be MUCH better than Pocket IE or MiniMo as it can scale images as well as text much better... It's much more usable on the pages I have tested.. Even renders the CSS zen garden with enough funtion to view the different layouts. Also it launches a little slower than Pocket IE but much faster than MiniMo.