Heroes Spin-off: Heroes Origins

Started by Melbosa, May 21, 2007, 11:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

http://www.heroestheseries.com/heroes-origins-spin-off-in-the-works/

QuoteI guess in a lot of ways this makes sense. Heroes is a show built on comic book logic, so why not treat the show like a real comic book, and spin it off into additional titles? The first on the block for NBC is “Heroes: Origins”, which according to Newsmax.com will add an additional 8 episodes (not a full season) to the 22 episodes of Heroes Season 2: Generations, for a combined 30 episode of Heroes. So what is “Heroes: Origins” about?

Apparently it’s a way to keep viewers hooked onto the show, American Idol style. The premise is that a new, previously unseen Hero will be introduced in each episode of “Origins”, and the viewer (that is, YOU) will select (by voting at NBC.com, according to this) which one stays in the Heroes universe, and which one disappears, never to be seen again. There are also possibilities that Heroes regulars might show up in the Origins episodes, though that remains to be seen.

(Note: Some reports say Heroes Season 2 will have 22 episodes, while others claim 24.)

Good idea? Bad idea? Is one successful season really enough to spin off another show? Time will tell.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Thorin

Interactivity?  In a TV show?  Meh.  I'll watch re-runs of Captain Power if I want that.  Better to plan the whole plot out from the start and introduce characters that matter or are going to stay, rather than characters that *might* stay whether they're important to the plot or not.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Interestingly enough I JUST started watching Heroes last night, starting from the beginning. Far more interesting than I expected it to be.

Melbosa

Quote from: Lazybones on May 22, 2007, 08:29:46 AM
Interestingly enough I JUST started watching Heroes last night, starting from the beginning. Far more interesting than I expected it to be.

Took you long enough... welcome to the fold :P
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I stopped watching Heroes in the middle of the season :o I was getting tired of waiting a week or two between episodes, so I just decided to watch them all in one or two sittings once the season is done (like now for instance).
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!