Cool Windows software: Taskbar Shuffle

Started by Thorin, March 04, 2008, 01:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

Every now and then Windows Explorer locks up and dies (or I kill it).  When that happens, the Taskbar disappears for a bit and when it comes back the icons are in some other order.  I hate that.  Taskbar Shuffle to the rescue!

No hotkeys, no extra steps, just rearrange the buttons on your Windows taskbar by dragging and dropping them.  Allows you to rearrange your system tray icons by dragging and dropping as well (but that does require a hotkey).
[..]
Once you download, install, and run Taskbar Shuffle, left-click and drag the programs/buttons on your Windows taskbar to rearrange them.  That's really all there is to it... [..]  As of version 2.1, you can shuffle your tray icons as well, but that requires you to hold a hotkey (CTRL by default).

http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/taskbarshuffle.htm
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

"Every now and then Windows Explorer locks up and dies"
This just started happening to me on under windows XP on both my home and work PC.. There must be a service back that created this issue, I wish I could track down the root cause.

Darren Dirt

"Button Boogie" existed and worked up until Windows 98 (available from PCMag.com I believe) -- didn't work in Win2K or later :( .

I absotively posolutely LOVED that gadget. One of those "must have" tools you initially put onto your computer after an OS rebuild.

So I'm eager to try out Taskbar Shuffle. Thanks!

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Thorin

Quote from: Lazybones on March 04, 2008, 01:35:18 PM
"Every now and then Windows Explorer locks up and dies"
This just started happening to me on under windows XP on both my home and work PC.. There must be a service back that created this issue, I wish I could track down the root cause.

For me, Windows XP gets slow at work when I get close to the physical memory limit and I have Windows Media Player running.  Everything gets slow, and I end up killing the explorer.exe process to get it all moving again.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful