Main Menu

Lucid Dreaming

Started by Stewie521, March 16, 2012, 08:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie521

Well a friend showed me a picture off of Memebase about Lucid Dreaming. Thinking that would be wicked, I looked it up to see if it was a real thing. Turns out, it is a VERY old practice, and the first Lucid Dreamer was documented in 415 AD! Not new AT ALL. But for those who don't know what Lucid Dreaming is, here is a brief summary;

QuoteA Lucid Dream is a dream upon one is aware that one is dreaming. A Lucid Dreamer may have some extend of control over his/her dreams, such as; Controlling Movements, Controlling objects, Controlling the length, etc... and may be able to manipulate the imaginary environment upon which has been created.

Source Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

The First step is to recognize that you are in a dream. If you establish that, you now have entered Lucidity, and with practice can control your dreams to some extent. Dreams are hallucinations, images, so vivid that your brain recalls them as real. You dream every night, however, the only ones you remember are ones you woke up half way through. So wake yourself up half way through to be able to recall.

I thought that would be really cool, to learn, so I'm trying to train myself for it, and could be useful too. I don't normally have nightmares, but when I do they are REALLY scary, and scare the living crap out of me. but being able to do pretty much anything, count me in!

Mr. Analog

It's amazing actually, every time I realize I have control I'm flying. It doesn't happen very often but when it does wow!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

If you think about it just before nodding off, and ESPECIALLY if you convince yourself you "believe" it's gonna happen, it often does! I personally seem to have a recurring speed-floating ability in the dreams when I recognize it's a dream. Not "Superman-flying" but more like "anti-gravity boots". Which is cooler, imo... like SuperJump powers, but no limit to the height :)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Stewie521

I've only successfully entered one Lucid dream so far, when I realized it was a dream, I put my hand on a wall to help myself stand up and it went through it, I got so excited I woke myself up by accident :( oh well, will try again tonight