Stanley Cup Finals: New Jersey at Los Angeles

Started by Thorin, June 11, 2012, 06:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorin

I'm kinda surprised, given how poorly the Oilers did this year and that we're Oilers fans in this house, that we're tuned into the sixth game of the Stanley Cup finals today.  LA won the first three, and then New Jersey squeaked out two wins.  LA's one win from hoisting the cup, New Jersey is two wins away.  And Martin Brodeur is on his 1,396th game, 206th playoff game.  That's a lot of playoff games!

They're in LA tonight, so if New Jersey wins tonight they get to play game seven in front of their home crowd back in New Jersey.  I'm sure that'd be a pretty cool experience for the new guys like Henrique.

It's weird having hockey on midway through June, even though just yesterday I was freezing my tail off in a rink.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

LA was up 4:0 last I checked, I think it's a foregone conclusion tonight.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

6-1 final, LA has the cup.  It was the five minute major for boarding that broke New Jersey's back (and the fact that LA's powerplay finally started scoring).

I saw up until 4-1, then had to go to lacrosse.

Anyway, it was just weird hearing hockey on in June.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

That's for sure, I just finished watching some stuff I had queued up on my PVR and realized it was on when it flipped back to the cable feed.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer