Freaky Forum Flashback

Started by Mr. Analog, December 27, 2012, 11:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Analog

Good lord, I don't know how this popped into my brain but the forum as we know it is nearly 10 years old

I started thinking about the meltdown at TheTechZone and then moving to another forum (can't remember now what it was called?)

Kinda weird to think that this place has been around 9 years, let alone some of the other places we used to hang out even before that.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

The other forum was "HyTek Computer Forums", or at least that was one that I was a member in.

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 27, 2012, 11:13:29 PM
YES! that was it, holy moley!

Another reason having enough email storage to keep almost everything is handy.

Mr. Analog

It's funny I went back to my oldest e-mail and I had joined GMail in 2004 which was after a lot of other stuff.

I still have my old mail backup on CD-ROM somewhere though

anyway, it was just so weird thinking back I guess, just came out of the blue
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

still pretty righteous imo.

a lot less wrath than a few years back, certain forum members no longer participate ;)

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Oddly enough I went back to some really old posts and had a jog through memory lane, it was pretty darn good around '04/'05

Still is :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on December 28, 2012, 06:09:05 AM
It's funny I went back to my oldest e-mail and I had joined GMail in 2004 which was after a lot of other stuff.

I still have my old mail backup on CD-ROM somewhere though

anyway, it was just so weird thinking back I guess, just came out of the blue
What is this CD-ROM thing you speak of? :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

It could be bought in large stacks a decade ago when I was backing up my electronic mail client (which is a computer program that receives electronic mail messages from an electronic mail server)
By Grabthar's Hammer