NHL 13 - Its In TODAY

Started by Melbosa, September 11, 2012, 03:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melbosa

Well looks like my NHL 13 is in today, and I'm eager to get playing it.  They have a few major changes this year, but the skating physics are what I am really drooling to see.  Looks like we might get an NHL lockout at least partially, and I just can't go without my winter hockey fix.  Might have to schedule a computer vs computer season and watch some Jets games that way :P.

Anyone else into the Hockey on the console?  I want to play peeps I know :D
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Mr. Analog

The irony here is there may not be a 2012-13 season lol

Nah, I have a hard time following the action usually. Sorry!
By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

I don't normally play the NHL games because I can't seem to figure out how to do the different moves and passes (and this definitely matters!).

As for "no hockey if there's a lockout", you need to take a look around.  There is an over-abundance of hockey in this town.  Hell, there's Midget AAA games televised on Shaw TV.  Those boys are literally boys, 15 to 17 years old.  If you want to go to a high-tempo hockey game at Rexall, go see the Oil Kings.  Those kids are all still playing like they're trying to get to the show, rather than like they know they've already made it.  And it costs one-fifth as much for the tickets and parking.  Wanna pay less than ten dollars per ticket?  Go watch any of the Junior A games in and around town.  Wanna watch the pros play?  A bunch of 'em will be playing in the AHL.  If there's no NHL games to televise, you betcha the networks will find other games to televise.
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Meh, at least there's NFL still :P
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Tom on September 11, 2012, 05:58:23 PM
Quote from: Mr. Analog on September 11, 2012, 04:23:57 PM
Meh, at least there's NFL still :P
The what now? What's an NFL?

It's like the CFL but with more interesting plays hehe
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Quote from: Thorin on September 11, 2012, 04:21:36 PM
I don't normally play the NHL games because I can't seem to figure out how to do the different moves and passes (and this definitely matters!).

As for "no hockey if there's a lockout", you need to take a look around.  There is an over-abundance of hockey in this town.  Hell, there's Midget AAA games televised on Shaw TV.  Those boys are literally boys, 15 to 17 years old.  If you want to go to a high-tempo hockey game at Rexall, go see the Oil Kings.  Those kids are all still playing like they're trying to get to the show, rather than like they know they've already made it.  And it costs one-fifth as much for the tickets and parking.  Wanna pay less than ten dollars per ticket?  Go watch any of the Junior A games in and around town.  Wanna watch the pros play?  A bunch of 'em will be playing in the AHL.  If there's no NHL games to televise, you betcha the networks will find other games to televise.

Oh yeah I've been to many hockey events throughout the year even when the NHL plays... I'll find something to watch.  Was only half kidding about the computer vs computer thing.

Played my first couple of games on the new 13 and man the fluid transitional skating is a bit hard to grasp.  But once mastered I can see the game becoming really really really fun!
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!