Team Fortress 2 Screem Fortress

Started by Lazybones, October 25, 2012, 11:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazybones

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Ooh, I know what I'm gonna try playing later.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Mr. Analog

Playing some Scream Fortress tonight with Super-Awesome Gamers

I'm hoping we can get a team rolling and find a decent server to play Community Ghost Fort so we can try to beat Merasmus (and get his hat)

Big / Tiny Head fun plus a roulette wheel of crazy abilities :D that's gotta be fun :)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Lazybones

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 29, 2012, 09:05:15 AM
Playing some Scream Fortress tonight with Super-Awesome Gamers

I'm hoping we can get a team rolling and find a decent server to play Community Ghost Fort so we can try to beat Merasmus (and get his hat)

Big / Tiny Head fun plus a roulette wheel of crazy abilities :D that's gotta be fun :)

Jumped on a server the other night to take a look, it is fun, but to get anywhere both sides need to under stand they have to fight him when he appears and stop attacking each other.

Mr. Analog

YES this. That so far has been the biggest complaint, and really everyone has to be on deck to beat him.

More than one Sniper armed with the Huntsman is very very helpful (max 1080 damage!)

Oh they also added a thing that punishes rage-quitters on MvM maps (at least in Mann-up mode, not sure about Community)
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

So not directly related to the current topic, but Steam for Linux is getting TF2 as one of its launch games. :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

Awesome, hopefully Half-Life, Left 4 Dead and Portal (and their sequel) all make it intact.

As an aside to your aside; http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/valve-linux-more-viable-than-windows-8.html

According to Valve Linux is more viable than Windows 8?
By Grabthar's Hammer

Melbosa

Yeah whats his name at Valve has had a hate-on for Windows 8.  One of the loudest voices for anti-Windows 8 on the net.
Sometimes I Think Before I Type... Sometimes!

Tom

Quote from: Mr. Analog on October 29, 2012, 09:53:18 AM
Awesome, hopefully Half-Life, Left 4 Dead and Portal (and their sequel) all make it intact.

As an aside to your aside; http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/valve-linux-more-viable-than-windows-8.html

According to Valve Linux is more viable than Windows 8?
I think he's concerned about MS muscling out other stores. And forcing Windows/Microsoft Store on app makers, a lot like Apple is doing on OSX. It may be a bluff, but if it is, its an expensive one. But then all the work they are doing now, is probably part of their hardware projects. I can't imagine them making a console like system and have it run windows.

Mr. Analog

Tom hit it on the head, it's not so much hate it's more fear of being forced off the platform that made Valve successful, Steam after all is in direct competition with Windows App Store and if Windows decides that they won't allow other Marketplace-style apps then Valve is pretty well hosed. Currently the feeling is that Microsoft is trying to unify the user experience to something much more controlled, much like the route Apple has taken.

It's still early days and there's lots of Big Talk so far but worse case scenario you have another Internet Explorer anti-trust situation where you CAN download another Marketplace (like Steam) but most users won't because there's one baked in already.

I dunno, that's the way I've read this whole debacle from the get go.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

I think I have died and gone to heaven.

http://www.ubuntuvibes.com/2012/10/steam-linux-beta-will-have-portal-team.html

"CroTeam has posted a status on Facebook confirming that Linux version of Serious Sam 3: BFE will be included with Portal and Team Fortress 2 in upcoming beta launch of Steam for Linux"

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer