so what's Justin Bieber been up to this week?

Started by Darren Dirt, January 23, 2014, 04:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Dirt

Strive for progress. Not perfection.

Mr. Analog

Ugh I've been held hostage to his actions via social media, at this point I wish he'd just go away.

Remember back in the day when people would flip their @%&# over rock stars trashing hotel rooms? Those seem like such innocent times now...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Mr. Analog on January 23, 2014, 05:21:50 PM
Ugh I've been held hostage to his actions via social media, at this point I wish he'd just go away.

1. In America DUI is a felony, so if he gets a conviction then he's stuck here in Canada, the USA won't allow him across the border!

2. How the hell can an under-20 year old have an expired-for-greater-than-6-months drivers license??

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Thorin

You start driving at 16.  Your license can be suspended for a year the day you get it, if you play your cards right.

Also, WHO THE @%&# CARES?!
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Lazybones

Mr. Analog

By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

Have you ever seen them together? Just think about it :o
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Darren Dirt

White House now has to respond to the 100k+ petition saying "get him outta the USA, he's worse than Miley!" or something similar.

And check out the comments, as various iconic figures play "hot potato" with the troubled young Canuck.
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/white-house-address-petition-deport-justin-bieber/story?id=22284038#comment-1222823722
"This whole convo wins the internet for the day."

Thorin

Of all the things we could be commenting on, why oh why are we commenting on this??
Prayin' for a 20!

gcc thorin.c -pedantic -o Thorin
compile successful

Mr. Analog

Quote from: Thorin on January 30, 2014, 03:44:23 PM
Of all the things we could be commenting on, why oh why are we commenting on this??

I know right, it's all over the news covering real issues like NSA Spying, Revolt in Ukraine, the Justice Department wanting to fine the Bank of America for mortgage fraud...

Bread and Circuses...
By Grabthar's Hammer

Tom

The news isn't about journalism anymore. It hasn't been in a while. It's all about ratings, so they went with newstertainment. Some local fluff pieces and anything that will get a rise out of people.
<Zapata Prime> I smell Stanley... And he smells good!!!

Mr. Analog

I saw a good article a while back that points the rise of Editorializing as the sole form of News back to the success of 60 Minutes in the 80s, I guess before that news programs were considered a ratings loss by tv networks / radio stations and considered a "necessary evil".

Then again today we have so many more sources to get information from, the tricky bit is not only trying to just get the facts, but also trusting the source.
By Grabthar's Hammer

Darren Dirt

Quote from: Tom on January 30, 2014, 03:59:31 PM
The news isn't about journalism anymore. It hasn't been in a while. It's all about ratings, so they went with newstertainment. Some local fluff pieces and anything that will get a rise out of people.

I don't care much about the "news"* article I linked to, I found amusing (and thus the link being shared) the comments thread, nobody is taking this seriously (in a similar way to treatment of Rob Ford) in that it's all about making jokes instead of seeing a messed up [young] adult individual who is gonna self-destruct fatally one day soon if things don't change.

But the comments were surprisingly funny for this article. And I have a day off tomorrow so it's like a Friday Funny to me. Sorry for the distraction #BackToStarboundAllOfYou

* "news" in quotes for a reason.

Mr. Analog

You should see some of the comments on tumblr and twitter hoo boy lol
By Grabthar's Hammer